Author Topic: 8 1/2 weeks... still swollen  (Read 3418 times)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
My case was minor to being with. Just a little puffy. I have pretty big swelling on left side, minor on right side. It seems like theres still some liquid in there. Doesn't seem like too much tissue. Also a slight dent on my left side, especially when I flex. My doctor said these dents can take up to a year and a half to go away. Anyone have something similar to this? Should I be worried?

Offline elderkid

• Posting Member
Seems similar to my situation.  I am 11 weeks post op with still swelling.  I also have a dent to my right peck - i dont really know what causes the dent though, but i am sure it will improve in time.  what did your doctor tell you caused the dent?

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I can't really remember actually. It was something about the blood moving back and forth from the heart to the scar tissue or something. I think the dent is mostly from liquid also so this makes sense. It just seems weird because my other side went down after just a week or 2.

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Also, how bad is alcohol for the healing process??

Offline elderkid

• Posting Member
I think my case could be considered mild since i had only approx 200mls removed - by lipo - in total.  Not a lot really just over half a can of coke.  what do you mean by mild?

I am 3 months on the 15th this month (November) and i think this is a bit of a milestone in that most of the stubborn swelling should be gone.  Having said that i still hope for some improvment after that, and many people seem to think 6 months is a reasonable time to wait, or even a year.  I do find this confusing though, as some people have revision after 4 or 5 months!!

Re. alchohol.  Good question, meant to ask this one myself.  Many people say that if you have a decent session on the lager (beer) then swelling will be more noticable for at least a few days after the event.  It therefore would seem reasonable to think that any existing swelling will remain longer due to this effect.  I must admit that i have drank heavily (8 pints) at least once a week since my op. and i know this cant be helping to get rid of the swelling.  But i dont know to what extent!!

I have started going to the gym (2nd week now) and i think this could be helping to balance things out - to early to be sure.  However, when i jog i still experience discomfort, which lets me know that healing is no where near complete - so there is hope that the swelling has time to subside!!

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Cool man thanks. I guess 2 months isnt that long. If in another month it doesnt go down il check it out with my ps i guess. I'm gonna try not to drink for a little and see if it makes a difference but... you know how that goes. haha

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024