Author Topic: Scar ?  (Read 3171 times)

Offline nismo

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm 25, and will be moving to Oakville from Vancouver shortly.  I'm still unsure about going in for a consultation with Dr. Fielding in Toronto.  I've tried to search through the pictures and well they all look pretty scary.  I can clearly tell where the incision must have been made around the nipple.

I've done some basic research and I understand you can have it done under the armpit as well ?  Can someone please post some hi-res images of the scars under the armpit.  I only have a mild case, and I'm not sure if having a life long scar is worth it.

I'd rather wait until some better technology comes around which is scarless ?

Thanks...
:)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:37:02 AM by nismo »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
nismo....

Doc Fielding made a smei-circular incision at the base of my areolas. I am 5 1/2 months post-op and the incision scars are barely noticeable. Trust me Dude, nobody will be able to tell that you had chest surgery.   ;)

John...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Dr. Fielding does make the peri-areolar incision.

Many other PS's are now using a technique where they insert a special instrument through the lipo incision (ie under armpit) to remove glandular tissue, so there is no additional incision made. Dr. Lista is one such doctor who does this.

You can check http://www.theplasticsurgeryclinic.com/ for some pics.

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
Sorry to take this off-topic, but you look great Bambu!!  Wow!!  From your latest pictures it seems that all the scar tissue that was present for a while is completely gone - especially the right side!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Sorry to take this off-topic, but you look great Bambu!!  Wow!!  From your latest pictures it seems that all the scar tissue that was present for a while is completely gone - especially the right side!!

Thanks Dude!  :D

Yeah, the chest is looking much better now. The first few pics look kinda brutal huh?

And..... for the guys who are worried about scars, check out the pics. My scars are barely noticeable!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:01:25 AM by Bambu »

Offline nismo

• Posting Member
After much deliberation, I decided to call Dr. Fieldings office and booked an appt.  for mid october :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 10:36:39 AM by nismo »

Offline jkk_36

could you tell me how to contact Dr. Fielding?

Offline nismo

• Posting Member
Dr. John Craig Fielding, M.D., F.R.C.S. (C)
2425 Bloor Street West
Suite #401
Toronto, Ontario
M6S 4W4

Ph: 416.766.8890

Offline Grandpa Bambu

After much deliberation, I decided to call Dr. Fieldings office and booked an appt.  for mid october :D

Awesome my man....  Congrats!

For some, making 'The Call' is the most difficult part.

JCF is a really nice guy and and awesome PS!

John.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:44:24 PM by Bambu »

Offline nismo

• Posting Member
Hi.

I had my surgery with Fielding a week ago.  The results are incredible.  It's only been one week and my chest/profile already looks amazing.

I'm so glad I finally had this done ....

:D

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
from the sides it looks so much better in even 3 days bambu! i mean wow the bruising but the side angle looks fine if you wore a muscle shirt even the next day......

i hope Warren C law is a good surgeon i only have 1 review so far lol

how hard of a procedure is this for a surgeon?  iwas under the impression it was not difficult and very low risk?

what are the risks?

i am trying not to wuss out this time, last time i said i could work it out by benching big mistake, they stick out now more then ever thank god im not at school you can clearly tell i have them if i wear a t shirt.. dress shirt not soo bad.

my chest carries it a little better but it is more apparent in tight clothing
i went from 45 lbs on each side of the bar to 45 + 15 and i mean it shows working out is a bad call, i still continue because i am not in school tell co-op is over so i may as well get a good chest so i can see it sooner...... after surjury

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024