Author Topic: Why I shaved off my beard  (Read 1567 times)

Brdy64

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I have a theory that if something looks out of place it automatically draws more attention to itself.

Take for instance individuals that force themselves into a cup size way too small for their chest. It spills over and forms the 'boobs on top of boobs' look. It's an eye catcher. It looks out of place, so our attention as immediately drawn to it.

I carried a full beard much of my life since it grew in my 20's following testosterone treatments. About a year ago I noticed quite a bit of growth in my chest, and it was becoming more and more noticable. My 'B cup days' were now over. 🙄

I was losing hair on my beard area, and I stated 'that' as the reasoning behind shaving my beard off to my friends. In reality I just decided that 'beards and boobs' don't go together.
I tend to believe my boobs are less noticable if I am more neutral in appearance. I have used my electric shaver ever since.

I have moved into very neutral clothing options bordering on feminine with bright colors and styles, then adjusted my hairstyle to match. Strangely I feel much more at home on the edge of feminine. 😍 it's where I should have been all these years.
Trying to keep up with society by 'Manning up' to fit in just forced me into a mold that never really fit. My hormones were designed for a much different lifestyle than the one I had allowed myself.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I do believe I am not noticed a much in public as a person who's gender is questionable, rather than the bearded guy in bib overalls with large boobs.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:26:21 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Upfront

Precisely the reason my beard has gone .
Also my reasoning about about wearing plain mini skirts instead of shorts in summer. Indistinguishable at distance.., but enough doubt about my gender to make the presence of boobs seem normal.
Shared elsewhere on the forum, I have male pattern baldness from pre gyno days and have experimented with androgenous wigs post scalp surgery. Alas, that isn't going to work . Though I need my head covering for medical reasons (shielding from uv) and get very hot and nauseous.

I have seen a few scarf / turban designs that might work but the designs then seem too "pinky floral" if you get my drift. Some post chemo coverings are the most promising I seen
If anyone out there has any ideas I would be most grateful. Sensible feminine is not a problem but I have no wish to look like a Disneyland fairy!

Brdy64

Also my reasoning about about wearing plain mini skirts instead of shorts in summer. Indistinguishable at distance.., but enough doubt about my gender to make the presence of boobs seem normal.
Shared elsewhere on the forum, I have male pattern baldness from pre gyno days and have experimented with androgenous wigs post scalp surgery. Alas, that isn't going to work . Though I need my head covering for medical reasons (shielding from uv) and get very hot and nauseous.

I have seen a few scarf / turban designs that might work but the designs then seem too "pinky floral" if you get my drift. Some post chemo coverings are the most promising I seen
If anyone out there has any ideas I would be most grateful. Sensible feminine is not a problem but I have no wish to look like a Disneyland fairy!
I will keep my eyes open for options. 
I also have no intention of looking like a Disneyland fairy. 

Brdy64

I did find a really nice men's wig on Amazon. Kind of a Shag style, therefore unisex. Something like that might work for you Upfront, at least during the colder months.

https://www.amazon.com/Layered-Natural-Synthetic-Resistant-Halloween/dp/B08BL1GZ9K/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=10XN5PS6314ME&keywords=mens+wigs+realistic&qid=1682934601&sprefix=mens+wigs%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-3

Brdy64

I have seen a few scarf / turban designs that might work but the designs then seem too "pinky floral" if you get my drift. Some post chemo coverings are the most promising I seen
I envy you in your incorporation of miniskirts. I wish I could, however I can't.
I am already stretching my personal limits with 'bootie shorts' 🙄
But God knows I wish I could. I would love to go out in a nice denim skirt. 😍

Upfront

Firstly, I am totally amazed at how far you have come in so short a period.
You must feel much more self worth than a couple of months back

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already seen similar but still not totally happy at present. I am waiting for a "eureka"  "that's it" moment that I strongly suspect isn't going to happen. There is going to be a big compromise that I need to make on medical grounds alone before summer.

Mini skirts for me have been much easier. Experience have taught  me that they are far cooler and closeup are not seen. Same for distance. It's only around 20/30 ft that anyone really notices - and then only if they are really looking. Of all the millions of images that stream into our eyes each day it is only a handful that we really "see". 
I find the the myth of clothes having gender really fascinating. Tough Roman legionaries effectively wore skirts. I doubt anyone bothered to tell them they looked effeminate. 

Brdy64

Yeah, biblical times didn't exactly contain 'men in pants' either. Wardrobes have changed drastically over time. It was in fact 'women' that first incorporated pants into their wardrobes. 🤔
I still cannot bring myself to take the leap into a skirt, but I admire your ability to do so. 😉
I appreciate our friendship greatly, and I have a great deal of admiration and respect for you.
Glad you came back to the forum.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I have a theory that if something looks out of place it automatically draws more attention to itself.

Take for instance individuals that force themselves into a cup size way too small for their chest. It spills over and forms the 'boobs on top of boobs' look. It's an eye catcher. It looks out of place, so our attention as immediately drawn to it.

I carried a full beard much of my life since it grew in my 20's following testosterone treatments. About a year ago I noticed quite a bit of growth in my chest, and it was becoming more and more noticable. My 'B cup days' were now over. 🙄

I was losing hair on my beard area, and I stated 'that' as the reasoning behind shaving my beard off to my friends. In reality I just decided that 'beards and boobs' don't go together.
I tend to believe my boobs are less noticable if I am more neutral in appearance. I have used my electric shaver ever since.

I have moved into very neutral clothing options bordering on feminine with bright colors and styles, then adjusted my hairstyle to match. Strangely I feel much more at home on the edge of feminine. 😍 it's where I should have been all these years.
Trying to keep up with society by 'Manning up' to fit in just forced me into a mold that never really fit. My hormones were designed for a much different lifestyle than the one I had allowed myself.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I do believe I am not noticed a much in public as a person who's gender is questionable, rather than the bearded guy in bib overalls with large boobs.
I too always had a moustache, couldnt have a beard at work untill i retiered now its completly gonebesides starting to get a bald spot on head. started using an IPL device for the face. tiered of shaving

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I wish I could have grown one to shave off

Brdy64

I wish I could have grown one to shave off
I wish I never took testosterone treatments. Didn't have one before. 🤔

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Upfront: Thanks for your "If anyone out there has any ideas I would be most grateful. Sensible feminine is not a problem but I have no wish to look like a Disneyland fairy!" comment - was nice to get a little humor (we don't laugh enough).

aboywithgirls

Hey... what's wrong with looking like a Disneyland Fairy 🧚‍♀️ ✨️ 😍??? I think that I am rather proud of my resemblance to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Lol

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline taxmapper

Hey... what's wrong with looking like a Disneyland Fairy 🧚‍♀️ ✨️ 😍??? I think that I am rather proud of my resemblance to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Lol

♥️Sophie♥️
You have no idea how badly it has become that I desire an hourglass shape! 

Brdy64

Hey... what's wrong with looking like a Disneyland Fairy 🧚‍♀️ ✨️ 😍??? I think that I am rather proud of my resemblance to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Lol

♥️Sophie♥️
I used to get mad when mistaken for a female. 🙄

To be truthful, lately I have been trying harder for it to happen.
Always going out clean shaved, and clothes that's accent my breasts. I also work harder at good posture, that pushes the girls out further too.

Wearing a white bra under a white shirt and bootie shorts 🙄
My bra is 'very' visible underneath.

I wouldn't say Disneyland fairy, but maybe 'rough looking old lady' 🤔

The occupational therapist even comments that I store fat like a woman, in my chest and hips.
Even for being overweight.  💃
🙄🤣🙄🤣🙄🤣🙄

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024