Author Topic: 3 months post op with dr jacobs  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Azdre

so i am 3-4 months post op and am unhappy with the results. i still feel a lot of gland especially on the right side. no excision was made even though i expressed doubts of just having just lipo done. nipples are still really puffy and protrude through shirt. what do you guys think should be my next course of action?

Offline Azdre

Offline joe7

• Posting Member
Do you have any pre-op pics?
I have to disagree when you say your nipples are still "really puffy". They are barely puffy at all, perhaps a few mm more than "perfect" but nothing out of the ordinary. Your chest looks normal with no deformities. There may be a small amount of gland under there, but that is needed to prevent cratering. I'd pay good money for a chest like that. I would not consider another surgery if I were you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would have preferred that you contact me directly to discuss your concerns.  Whenever I am able to remove everything (fat and gland) with my sharp cannulas (around 10% of the time), I am pleased to do so because the patient does not end up with a scar on the areolas.  In some patients, scar tissue may subsequently develop beneath the areolas, which I suspect is true in your case.  In these circumstances, a simple cortisone injection is usually sufficient to improve the results and melt the scar tissue.  There is no charge for follow up exams nor for any cortisone treatments -- simply make an appointment.

I call your attention to the surgical revision policy which was signed by both of us.  In it, I promise to provide free revision surgery (minor charges for OR and anesthesia) within one year after operation if we both agree that it should be done.  I stand by this revision policy.

Please bear one thing in mind -- the development of scar tissue after surgery is beyond your control and my control.  And gyne surgery is directed towards providing good chest contours, which I believe you have.  It is not directed towards having one pass the "feel my nipples" test.  The body always heals with scar tissue after any surgery.  Our aim is to minimize any contour problems associated with the scar tissue but the scar tissue will always remain.

I look forward to seeing you again to discuss possible treatments.

Best regards

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
so i am 3-4 months post op and am unhappy with the results. i still feel a lot of gland especially on the right side. no excision was made even though i expressed doubts of just having just lipo done. nipples are still really puffy and protrude through shirt. what do you guys think should be my next course of action?

To echo Joe, that's an excellent result. Your areolas are slightly larger but they're not puffy. Just Vaser lipo only? Do you have before shots to compare?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024