Author Topic: 5 weeks Post op....not seeing results  (Read 3483 times)

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery 5 weeks ago....doctor said he did lipo mostly and removed very little gland, cause i didnt have much. Its 5 weeks later and i look like 15% better than before....same shape, smaller size. I feel 2 hard lumps where the incisions were made...i know its scar tissue, because they werent there before, but i dont think thats whats making my chest look like before....Other than that i dont feel anything hard inside....just like "fattie like" tissue between my nipples and armpits on my lower chest....Do you think its still swelling due to the lipo? When you get a lot of gland removed, the results look almost immediately, but when your main problem is fat, does it take longer for results to show? By they way, im not overweight or anything, to see my before pics go to this link....

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12516.0

Offline Patbol

• Posting Member
man, its been 1 week now and like you I had a Lipo..but i dont see very good result.
The only good result i saw was the day i had my operation.
Your problem seem a lot like mine, and its been only 8 days

i think im gonna cry....

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I highly recommend you guys go back to your docs and talk to them about it for hopefully a free revision using excision. 

It's weird OP, I have a current similar chest structure, yet I cannot squeeze my chest as you did.  Apparently I have a very muscular chest (I workout) which makes sense since I can't really squeeze any soft tissue.

I only had excision and no lipo, but I think you might need excision.  It doesn't look like it at first but once you're able to squeeze your chest like you did in your pics it becomes clear.

Don't worry about it too much but def check it out.  Before I picked my current doc, I saw 2 before.  One said he would lipo only, and the other one said she would remove the nipple, cut the gland and lipo and put the nipple back on.  Obviously I said darn no to both, and it's thanks to knowing that excision and the experience of the doc is the important thing to consider.

Offline dukalian

• Posting Member
I'm also 5 weeks post op and have the  same problem. I had all lipo, no excission. Prior to surgery I could pinch a big not just like in your picture and now the not is a little smaller but it's rock hard. My doc said "hard is good, anything hard will shrink but it's going to take some time." So I'm trying to be patient.  Based on what I'm reading it sounds like people with the not (which I don't think was fat) are getting the excission... do you think this is true? I'm wondering if the lipo was the right way to go. My doc said lipo, I'm hoping... no praying he was right. I can't wait to get this over with.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I'm also 5 weeks post op and have the  same problem. I had all lipo, no excission. Prior to surgery I could pinch a big not just like in your picture and now the not is a little smaller but it's rock hard. My doc said "hard is good, anything hard will shrink but it's going to take some time." So I'm trying to be patient.  Based on what I'm reading it sounds like people with the not (which I don't think was fat) are getting the excission... do you think this is true? I'm wondering if the lipo was the right way to go. My doc said lipo, I'm hoping... no praying he was right. I can't wait to get this over with.

I really dont know what to think now...i never had a hard ball under my nipples, its always been fat i think, its like if you were pinching a love handle, but smaller....Just after the op i feel a hard lump under the nipples, but im sure its scar tissue....so i dont know what the situation with me is at this point....all i know, its that im not happy about the way it looks....Maybe the doc didnt do enough lipo, what do i know...damn...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
post-op fretting is NORMAL. 

you can ask your doc questions, but you're not allowed to pull your hair out worrying for at least the first month. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline karthik28

• Posting Member
Hi monterojl ,
I saw your post-op pics.. Do you have pre-op pics also? did u have mild gyne?  from your posts, it seems u have scar tissue now... would it ever go away? did u talk to your doctor?
I have mild gyne. I am planning to go for surgery. many ppl here are complaining about scar tissue..
I am wondering if scar tissue is going to again make your chest look like breast, why would anyone go for surgery

anyway all the best for your recovery...
Karthik.

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
Hi monterojl ,
I saw your post-op pics.. Do you have pre-op pics also? did u have mild gyne?  from your posts, it seems u have scar tissue now... would it ever go away? did u talk to your doctor?
I have mild gyne. I am planning to go for surgery. many ppl here are complaining about scar tissue..
I am wondering if scar tissue is going to again make your chest look like breast, why would anyone go for surgery

anyway all the best for your recovery...
Karthik.

Hey Karthik, those pictures are actually preop.....but i basically look the same...i have follow up with my doctor in a weeks, so ill se what he has to say. Although i sometimes feel that docs will tell you, that you look great just to avoid revision....

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I had a similar condition. it's been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I'm slender build. I was a little surprised when the doc said they did mostly lipo as I thought it would be gland removal. My nipples are still a little puppy but the chest has flattened out. I would say it's atleast 50 percent better but it could still be a lot better. I'm hoping the scar tissue goes away soon and the nipples flatten out but I think we have to be a bit patient here.

Offline MSJ108

Your chest pre-op looked great to me. I wish my nips looked flat like that. Keep in mind you may be feeling a breast bud behind the nipple which feels like a very small marble. (At least that's what my doc told me)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024