Author Topic: Treatments as opposed to surgery  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Wilbur

I've got a mild case compared to the pics on the front page. But I don't have the money for the surgery.

Bottom line is there has to be a way to fix this (to SOME degree) without going under the knife.

I want to get on a diet free of (reasonably free of) environmental estrogens. Meats from animals treated with horemones. (No beef, pork, dairy) And foods that block estrogen. (whatever they may be)

Another idea was the direct aproach. Pills. They're out there and can be quite potent. But I can't afford them either, and I if I get rid of the pills they'll come back.

Just so you know. I'm 145 pounds. Fat loss is not an option because quite simply, I don't have any to lose.

Anyone tried this before?

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
try andractrim see Andractrim threads - :P or rebound Xt

Surjury is most viable with 100% success rate as in some degree of change

Andractrim is 25% or at best 20% they claim 25

Offline Wilbur

My first idea was just to get rid of the xeno and phyto-estrogens. (Environemtnal estrogents) But after reading about all the things they can be in I think it would just be easier to take the pills. >:(

However I DO think this article I found should be of some interest.

http://www.nobreastcyst.com/xeno.html

It talks about things that have estrogen mimicing chemicals in them and some tips on avioding them.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Each and every case of gynaecomastia is very, very specific to each and every patient.  There is no such thing as a 'cure all' treatment and different treatments are suited to different people.  The best port of call is your family doctor - but that very much depends on his or her knowledge and understanding of the condition, which on the whole tends to be quite low, even if they have some kind of interest in endocrinology.

If you go to you doctor but still feel you are not reaching an end point, ask to see an endocrinologist that has a caseload for hypogonadism (as opposed to diabetes which is what most of them are mainly involved with).  He or she will much better placed to assess your personal situation, see if your hormones are OK and have anything to so with your gynaecomastia.  They will be best placed to tell you if there are any effective treatments other than surgery, or how surgery would compare with other treatments.

Yes, surgery is expensive but it might be the only viable option if you want to effectively and permanently rid yourself of this condition.

Brace yourself for that outcome.  If this is the case and you want to go for it, there are many options open to you such as a loan or saving up for it.  Saving up for surgery gives you plenty of time to learn as much about the condition as possible, to seek out reputable surgeons and decide who is best placed to deal with you.

So keep you options open, be prepared to face the reality that surgery could only be your realistic option.  God only knows that if I could have avoided surgery, I would have done.

Hope that helps.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Thank you phantom for a good response.

I don't think I could have said it better.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Wilbur

But the point remails that surgery isn't ALWAYS the ONLY option.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
No surgery is not always the only option for some people.  However, for many other treatments such as hormone therapy can only be of some benefit to some people.  I have no data to hand, but I'd guess for the majority of patients with clinically defined gynaecomastia that surgery is probably the most effective and only realistic treatment option.

It's sad that god only knows how many guys self medicate using ethical and non ethical treatments and literally wasting large amounts of money on a condition they often know little about or how to deal with there condition effectively.  Which is why time and again I always advise guys to speak with there doctor and try to see an endocrinologist who can medically supervise a patient and is by far much more in a position to reach a satisfactory end point than the lay person on his own.

If treating gynaecomastia was as simple as treating a cold, then there would be no need for a forum like this one.

Offline Wilbur

I plan on seeing an endocrinologist as soon as I can. (Not just for this, but because my hairs falling out and I think it's because something might be wrong with my thyroid. My family has a history of thyroid problems.)

But in the meantime all I can do is learn what I can. And this is what I've come up with. And if I can take a pill or change my diet instead of going under the knife, you can be sure I'll choose former.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you do indeed have a thyroid problem, it could possibly be the underlying problem that has caused your gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024