Author Topic: Post Op Questions??  (Read 2302 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Plan on getting surgery pretty soon.. if i got it on a monday is there a chance to be ready in a 1 week for say school just sitting around nothing strenous??... or maybe a 3 hour ride in 5 days after??

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
School definitely. The ride? That probably depends on how you heal? I couldnt ride for about 3 weeks or so.

DrBermant

Plan on getting surgery pretty soon.. if i got it on a monday is there a chance to be ready in a 1 week for say school just sitting around nothing strenous??... or maybe a 3 hour ride in 5 days after??

Healing and Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on the problem to be treated, what is done, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors.

Comfort After Surgery is a key factor. Driving a car, thinking for work or school is best when not in pain or needing strong pain medication. For my patients they are back at limited activities and driving typically the day after surgery. But this typical patient is comfortable, usually on no medication other than possible tylenol, and has minimal swelling and bruising after their gynecomastia surgery. We have patients who are traveling back across the country or around the world, the day after surgery.

However, not all doctors use the same methods. That is why asking what is typical for your doctor is necessary or for that matter picking the right surgeon for this sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024