Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Lista July 30  (Read 6336 times)

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
Thanks guys! Yeah, the nipple shrinkage was instant and permanent. Most of my swelling has gone down and now I have...new swelling! and scar tissue around the nipples, but I understand that's par for the course. So, my nipples are not as flat as immediately post-op, but they're not even close to looking remotely puffy having any resemblence to G.

I was in for my first post-op visit (with the nurse, which wasn't what I expected. In 3 weeks I see Dr. Lista). Said everything's fine, I have to start massaging with arnica gel and I can finally go outside! which is great, because I was starting to get cabin fever. I'm working on my farmer's tan sitting out on my balcony in my compression vest, it's looking good.

As for whether one of my nipples is higher than the other. I don't know, it's possible, but to tell you the truth, I don't think you'd even notice if I hadn't taken a close-up of my torso. It's also possible I wasn't standing straight. I should mention that my left ear is a few mm higher than my right, and I probably look a little crazy with glasses on, no big deal! Anyway, Dr. Lista doesn't play around with your nipple position, as far as I know, unless of course that's what you're going to him for. No, he tells you before you go in for surgery that you might end up with one higher than the other because most people's aren't perfectly lined up. Basically, expect to look how you would look had you not had G, all the other imperfections remain.

I'll post some newer pics tomorrow. Thanks for all your responses!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
As for whether one of my nipples is higher than the other. I don't know, it's possible, but to tell you the truth, I don't think you'd even notice if I hadn't taken a close-up of my torso. It's also possible I wasn't standing straight. I should mention that my left ear is a few mm higher than my right, and I probably look a little crazy with glasses on, no big deal! Anyway, Dr. Lista doesn't play around with your nipple position, as far as I know, unless of course that's what you're going to him for. No, he tells you before you go in for surgery that you might end up with one higher than the other because most people's aren't perfectly lined up. Basically, expect to look how you would look had you not had G, all the other imperfections remain.

;D ;) ;D

Well thar ya go!   :P

Gotta be careful of BDD!  ;)

GB...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:20:14 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline get over it

• Posting Member
I'm now 3 weeks post-op. I haven't posted anything in the last 2 weeks, partly because I was a little worried about the swelling/scar tissue around my nipples and was kinda crossing my fingers that it would go away. Well, the swelling seems to be going down slowly but I still have a fair bit of scar tissue (?) around my nipples, kinda pushing things out. The bruising consistently diminished after the first week and is now almost gone. The scab on my left scar fell off a few days ago and yesterday on the right side. It's tiny! Still almost supersticiously hesitant to proclaim victory, will wait a few more weeks before raving about how this has been the best decision ever. Call me cautious... Anyway, having said that, I think things are looking good! I'm seeing Dr. Lista agiain on the 26th.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story and pics...

Welcome to the 'Other Side' dude!!!

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024