Author Topic: Surgery day question  (Read 1388 times)

Offline jimmygyne

• Posting Member
So, I am just two days from my big day and the flags of nervousness are flying high! I had a few questions about the surgery day itself:

- I was told there might be some bleeding from the compression garment, so I am planning on wearing loose fitting work-out clothing that is easy to get in and out of. any suggestions?

- I was instructed by my surgeon to not eat or drink anything after 12 am the night before the surgery. I am not yet sure what time my surgery is. What has been other's experience with the not eating/drinking. Also, my friend will be unable to pick me up from the hospital before 5 pm, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for what to pack to eat/ drink. What did you carry for your surgery? 20 dollars, a book, a cellphone, granola bar and a gatorade sound good?

- Post surgery, how conscious did you feel? Were you able to walk around, make coffee/ cook?

- I was told not to shower for a week. Being a twice a day shower taker, this will drive me insane. Sponging is all I can think of, but not quite sure how to wash my hair. Any tips?

- Sleeping. For all you stomach/ side sleepers. Were you able to sleep on your backs? What is the risk that you accidentally change stance while sleeping and sleep on your chest by accident?

Thanks a lot folks. This forum has been a real life-saver for me. I don't think I would have been able to gather the courage to do this, sans this forum.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Good luck on your surgery. I had mine on 9-26.
Clothing: I just wore a buttom up shirt and sweat pants.

Day of surgery: Being that I had to have an empty stomach I had my surgery first thing in the morning (7:00am.) I was hungry as hell after surgery. Got home had a foot long from subway popped a couple of norcos and I good to go.

Post surgery: I was under general and it was not bad at all. Just take it easy for the next few days. I actually passed out on the first day. I just got up to get a cracker, felt light headed then boom I was out cold on the floor. My chihauhau woke me up (gotta love dogs.)

Washing: I had my girl wash my hair under the sink.

Sleeping: Sleeping on my back sucks. My doc prescribed sleeping pills that helped a little. I just ended up sleeping upright on my crouch.

Good luck bro..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024