Author Topic: turmeric root  (Read 8835 times)

Offline 1966

• Posting Member
I have been reading alot of stuff about this. most people who use it seem to say something deffinatly happens, either taking away the pain or reducing size. obviously there are some which it has no affects on because gyne is a C**T!

anyway i am realy, realy considering giving it a go. so please anyone who has tried it let me no the story. the dosigde (cant spell) you used, how long for, if it worked etc.

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
This is interesting, I just did a search under "Tumeric root and gynecomastia" and several pages came back with info on this as a treatment that has worked for some people. 

Many people have used turmeric root as a cure for gynecomastia. Varying degrees of success have been reported. Some users have seen the effects diminish completely while others have simply reported a reduction in pain and soreness. There are no scientific studies available to document the effects of turmeric root on gynecomastia, however, it is probably the least evasive and least expensive treatment option. The recommended dosage is at least 20 grams of grated turmeric root per day for at least 30 days.

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/gynecomastia-what-are-your-options.htm

What do you plan on doing, taking a capsule or grating it and eating it?  I see there are two forms for capsule, powder and extract, I wonder which is best and what dose is optimal?

Have you found anywhere on how it actually or technically works in treating gynecomastia?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:10:41 PM by Doomed »

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Highly unlikely this will address the condition for which this board was started.  I'm guessing this is just another scam or legend treatment that may have worked for the bonanza of after steroid use, which could possibly work for very recent growth.

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
well, my gyne is mild at the moment and only started about 2 months ago when I started taking a necessary medication, so this may help someone such as myself (hoping it will at least).

I don't think it is a scam though, it's not like those websites that sell "Gyno-Gone" in a bottle, this is simply an herb that has been used in the East for hundreds of years for various ailments and people are saying they have discovered that it also helps with gynecomastia in some cases. 

Worth a shot...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Todays Stats show 96456 posts in 14203 topics by 9840 members.

Yes, we've heard of turmeric from time to time. Usually in the form of a question by someone who is desperately looking for a "cure."

What we have not had is a verifiable case where it actually worked.

Since your Breast enlargement is recent and caused by a prescription drug side effect; It may regress even if you do nothing.

The safest course of action is to see your Dr.  Make sure you are not taking the offending drug. (There are almost always other drugs that can be used.) You might want to have some lab tests to ensure that your hormone levels are (back to) Normal.

Many Herbals contain chemicals that mimic hormones. The general problem is that they are far too weak to actually have a significant effect unless they are consumed in great quantity. Pharmaceuticals are often many hundreds of times stronger.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alexco

• Posting Member
this is a scam.... poster one and poster two are simply selling snake oil, read between the lines... they are working as a team (or may be the same person) ive seen it all over this board... sounds like a real story and or testimonial, in the end they are trying to hit us where we are the most vulnerable.. remember only excercise and or surgery will get rid of gynecomastia... not snake oils.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A good scam requires a set up. While this could be a set up for a scam, I don't think it is. I'll be cautiously hopeful that it is not.

When in doubt, click on a person's name, then click on the line that will let you read their most recent posts. If there is a pattern, you'll easily find it. The scammers usually betray themselves before long.

Keep in mind this obvious fact: If there existed a simple way to get rid of Gynecomastia, there would be no need and this site would not even exist.   

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
Turmeric is an ingredient of curry powder, so eat more curry.  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_powder

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Are you guys kidding me?  I am peddlig a snake oil?  You all need to relax.  My post was in reference to the initial poster, I was asking him his opinion and some further info.  I could care less if any of you try it, don't try it, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.  How could I or the OP be "scamming" you if we don't even sell anything?  It's like someone saying that zinc helps to inhibit estrogen so if we discuss taking zinc then we are also scamming or telling people to take a snake oil, right? 

This was actually used for men who take androgen therpay for prostate cancer and have gynecomastia as a side effect.  Here is some info from a Prostate Cancer support website...there is no scam, no one is pointing to a website that sells this stuff, it is something you pick up in raw form in your local grocery store and eat with food.

http://www.phoenix5.org/Basics/treatsides/gyneTurmeric.html

How could anyone be scamming if it is something you buy in your grocery store and consume?  Do you think we have ties to all of the grocery stores in North America and are secretly telling people to buy Tumeric Root (which is dirt cheap like potatoes) and then the grocery stores are adding up all the sales and giving us a cut?  Come on now, think about it.

I dare say that you are also the crowd who think 9/11 was an "inside" job and that they never went to the moon - with all the images being created by smoke and mirrors.

Offline elitdogg

• Posting Member
turmeric is a good thing to take it is a anti inflammatory so it will help with swelling which will make the appearance of smaller gyne. i was using it with little help from it. also thing to know it is a spicy thing so it can damage your stomach in the doses they are advising you to take.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024