Author Topic: Building up courage  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I've had the hardest time talking about this problem with my parents, i can't afford surgery on my own and i was wondering if you have any advice, any help is much appreciated.
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
It's a really hard topic to talk about, even though all the research I've done says otherwise people just seem to think exercise will make it go away. Ever since i started working out and losing weight my gyne just seems to show more and more, i lose weight around the area but not in my breasts.

Thanks for the advice, I've been reading around the forums and I've come to realize that i don't want to keep living with this problem, specially not when there is a solution. I don't want to be a shy twenty-something.

Most people know me as an outgoing, happy person, and I've had lots of girlfriends but hey don't know how scarring gyne is, they don't know the fear of having to take off your shirt or the terrible sinking feeling when someone looks at your chest.

Offline HoorayHoorayHooray

• Posting Member
I've only told my mom about it and she promises to keep it a secret. I highly doubt she will though but I have no choice but to tell her since she's going to be paying for it if the surgery actually does happen. She actually tells me that all guys have this LOL and she'll only take the doctor's word for it now. She also wants me to tell my father who I don't live with. I can't imagine myself doing that it's just too embarrassing and I know he'll hate me for it.

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
I've written a lot about this here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17632.0 

And I posted my surgery here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18247.0

Lemme know if I can help with anything.

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
Well i finally did it, i talked to my mother about it and to my surprise she said that if it hurts my self esteem so much she is willing to help my with it. I'm having my first consultation this Friday and i was wondering what to expect. Friday can't come fast enough :)

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
Well i had my consultation today (it got re-scheduled) and it was fantastic! The surgeon i went to has done this procedure a number of times with pretty good looking results, he straight up said my case needed gland excision plus lipo and after i get a blood test he is ready to put me under the knife before month's end, i would have it done this week if it wasn't for my cousin's wedding, he said it will be a good couple of weeks before i fully healed and i wouldn't be able to wear a suit. I am so excited, its going to be a long three weeks, the surgery will most likely take place on the 27th, CANNOT WAIT!

Offline goingoingonegyno

• Posting Member
Congrats, man. I'm envious.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations.

Parents can be hard to convince sometimes. My usual advice is along the lines of  "What have your got to lose?"

I hope you''ll jump in and tell your story the next time someone starts a thread about how hard it is to confide in their parents.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024