Author Topic: Wheres the cheapest place to get surgery?  (Read 5309 times)

Offline TwixyHobbit

• Posting Member
Im American. I called Dr Fielding's office, but they can no longer perform surgery on non-Canadians because of their national healthcare malpractice coverage specifically forbids it.

I know I can go to Dr Calcoa in TJ, MX. I figure even with the cost of the plane ticket and hotel I'd still come ahead.

I wouldnt mind having surgery while I was on vacation. There are cheap places to have surgery in Brazil and the Czech Rep. Even with the cost of flight plus hotel, I'd still get a vacation AND the surgery.... The only problem is I've been sending them emails inquiring if they perform this surgery, and how much it costs, but I get no response. All the websites for brazil and czech have are pages for face lifts, breast implants. etc.

So is there any cheap place that will perform this surgery for men?

Offline TwixyHobbit

• Posting Member

Offline TwixyHobbit

• Posting Member

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member
Is price your #1 criteria for choosing a surgeon?

I don't mean to be a nay-sayer, but I'm not sure that its best to shop around for the cheapest deal when it comes to getting operated on.

But I do understand, this op is quite expensive...

[edit: added line below]

As for the risks, just browse these forums a bit.  Some of the scarring and other problems can be severe.  It'd be wise to choose a surgeon that others here recommend.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 05:46:40 PM by sillyguy »

Offline TwixyHobbit

• Posting Member
well the things that increase the US surgeon's costs are the salary he and his staff demand and the cost of malpractice insurance. Plus a little something called 'operating room fee' which you have to pay whether he owns the facility or it is a hospital. I'd rather have a nice vacation AND get the surgery done that finance the lifestyle of a guy who says he cares about other people but is more out for just the income.

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member
Yeah, things are expensive here.  But I believe (not absolutely sure) that getting the PS standards and certification process is more rigorous here than elsewhere.  Does anyone know more about this?

Also, a PS will probably tell you what you want to hear b/c they know how badly you want to fix your gyne.  At least with a recommended surgeon, you know that the surgeon has some merit to his claim.

And remember, it's always a business to a PS.

Offline TwixyHobbit

• Posting Member
I cant speak to the PS of the UsA vs EU, but VS Great Britain, it is said on several websites that the surgeons in Europe go through more rigorous certification.

Offline Spleen

Dude, I can see going by price once you're satisfied with skill, facilities, pre and post-care, experience, etc. but to put it at the top of the list is a mistake.  Find the cat you want to have cut you and then figure out how and when to pay for it.

FYI,  I used a guy in Palm Beach Gardens named Greg DeLange.  I had great results and his fee was very reasonable.  If you're gonna travel take a look at this guy because he's good, not expensive and there are worst places to crash than beachside in FL.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
what did Dr. DeLange charge?

Offline dreamwrld

• Posting Member
i dont know if i would play the cheap game, when it comes down to my life.  i would stay in the usa.  

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
If you are really only looking for 'cheap', I would be willing to perform the surgery for you for the low low price of $500.

I must warn you however that I have absolutely no medical / surgical knowledge whatsoever, and make no guarantees for results.

On the plus side, I do try and wash my hands at least once a day.

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
How about the Philippines? I got done with lipo only and the entire procedure cost me just $1000 including local anesthesia + sedation and the surgeon's fee and operating room.
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024