Author Topic: Post-surgery undergarment?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
Having surgery in a couple weeks and I was wondering if any of you out there that have had a surgery could recommend a good undergarment to wear post-surgery.

My doctor said to use "Underall" as a last resort, but I wanted to hear it here from anyone with experience.

Also, is it as effective, or more so, to go with an Ace wrap-around?

Thanks.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
You would have a very hard time wrapping yourself in ace bandages for a few weeks. Also they would not really be tight enough. I personally used the Underworks and Make Me Heal has several varieties. Check them out.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Merle's right dude. Putting on an Ace bandage is a PITA! Unless... you have someone else do it for you. Which, for most guys, is not an option.

I used the Dale Abdominal Binder. Dale Medical Products sell it as an 'abdominal' binder but it works just as well as a chest binder. The Ab binder is very easy to put on/take of as it uses Velcro as a means of fastening. It also has infinite tension positions. The Velcro strip fastens anywhere on  the binder itself. I highly recommend it!

The only drawback to this product is that it is a tad bulky. If you were to wear just a tshirt with it, others will notice... If you were to wear a sweat shirt it wouldn't be as noticeable. I only wore mine in the house and not a work. So it all worked out...  ;)

My Pic.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info. Very helpful, indeed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024