Author Topic: Post Op scar tissue injection  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Hsdove345

• Posting Member
Used to frequent this forum before my surgery years ago.  I had a successful one as far as my self esteem goes.  But I had only one concern that only now with time has me worried
I’m asking anyone with experience in post op scar tissue removal.    My main area of concern is the circular area Around The nipple primarily the lower U skin area that doesn’t move when you flex chest.  I feel like mine has sagged a lot during this time and I’ve seen injection videos that show that it only focuses under nipple
I tried to make myself clear because ther isn’t a lot said about that lower U area that expanded with gynecastia and then feels saggy after removed

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Best to return to your surgeon if possible to discuss.  Scar tissue usually doesn't result in sagging -- that may just be lax skin, which can be treated surgically.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Hsdove345

• Posting Member
Yes this ^^^ makes sense because I went to my original surgeon and he said there was no scar tissue..
I still left discouraged because of the loose skin you are mentioning.

May I ask is skin tightening post surgery after 8 years still effective?? It’s not too bad;  the only image I can paint is that the skin under nipple is fingernail size when pinched

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, skin tightening can be performed at any time after surgery -- even many years later.

Dr jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024