Author Topic: Underworks.. need help  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Round_1

• Posting Member
where do i measuse from? my stomach area is the same as my chest without the breasts.. should i measure around my belly or should i includethe breast in the measurement? thanks

phh and which model is best
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:02:35 PM by Round_1 »
"I've noticed that many people seem to fall into 3 categories; 1) people who have true gyno and have suffered psychological from it.  2) people who suffer from psuedo-gyno (the majority) and suffered"

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Hey, not sure exactly how to measure, but if you're looking into compression vests/shirts you may want to look into underarmour.  I bought one from sportschek for 80$, kind of expensive so I'm gonna show it to Fielding first and see what he says, but it's essentially a "second skin", provides lots of compression and it's comfortable.  Here's the link from underarmour's website so you know what it looks like... http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=1&coll_id=2&pf_id=0242

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Are you going for surgery? If I am not mistaken you have got to take average between the circumference around your chest;
a) going around the nipple
b) Going below the breast.

To get a better information you should call underworks, and they'll guide u on the measurement taking.

Offline rockfish42

• Posting Member
Another compression shirt that works.It worked for me and theres a measuring chart if you click on an item in the store. http://stores.ebay.com/GC2-gynecomastia-compression_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I would not use UnderArmor.  Underworks was seriously the best temporary solution until surgery.  The first day I put it on and walked around Target with a T-shirt on I felt so overwhelmed.  I don't think UnderArmor provides this amount of compression.  

Make sure you go with the 997.  I think I just used a tape measurer and measured around my breasts, over my nipples.  I ended up getting a Large 40-44" - it felt really tight at first, but I got used to it and it worked great.

Here's a link: http://www.underworks.com/996.html

Nick
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 11:48:26 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline gyne8to18

• Posting Member
 How many of these shirts should one keep in his wadrobe? How do you wash them and how often?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
How many of these shirts should one keep in his wadrobe? How do you wash them and how often?

Kinda gross but I only had 1, and I wore it for about a month.  I knew I was getting surgery so I didn't want to buy more than 1 and waste money.

It depends on how often you do laundry but you may want to get 3-4.  I think I remember someone saying they had 7.  

As for washing it, I'm not too sure about that.  Wouldn't want to make them shrink any more.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:38:46 PM by nukem2k5 »

Offline PaulJackson007

• Posting Member
how come when i make a thread on the SAME subject, nobody responds, but when someone ELSE makes one, all of a sudden i see 50 replies?

i'm looking into style number 997 at underworks...

see my other (relatively recent) thread on this.

Offline gyne8to18

• Posting Member

Kinda gross but I only had 1, and I wore it for about a month.  I knew I was getting surgery so I didn't want to buy more than 1 and waste money.

It depends on how often you do laundry but you may want to get 3-4.  I think I remember someone saying they had 7.  

As for washing it, I'm not too sure about that.  Wouldn't want to make them shrink any more.

Thanx for the info. I ordered one on Thusday night and got it on Monday. I am still trying to get used to it.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
It would deliver to Canada right?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024