Author Topic: How long from gp to gyno free?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Fusion405

Hi guys this is my first post i went to my gp today after having gyno since puberty (about 11-12 yrs).
My gp has asked me to fast and go for blood tests 2mo, the tests are
-beta hcg
-thyroid function
-hormone profile
-lipid profile

Im just wondering how long this whole process could take? And if everybody has to have the above tests?
Im in the uk and this is nhs aswell. Also if anybody can give a breif description on What these tests might point out?
Thanks a lot
Will

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
They draw blood and send the results back to your doctor. Took less than a week for me to get the results back. Those are very common lab tests so it shouldn't take long, but I have no idea how things work in the UK.

After that, you need to setup a consultation with at least 3 surgeons to get their opinion and to feel them out. That can take about a month, depending on scheduling. After that, you schedule the surgery, which can be anywhere from 2 weeks to several months depending on the scheduling of the doctor. Healing time varies.

That's everything in a very short summary. It's a process.

Again, that's how it works here. I'm not sure how things work in the UK since, as I understand it, your national insurance actually covers part of the procedure.

Offline Fusion405

Thanks for your reply, do you have to be under a certain bmi aswell for surgery? My bmi at the minute is around 28. Yes im hoping this will all be covered on the nhs as i just want some confidence tbh, i cant even take my top off on holiday as im so paranoid about it. Whenever i can i wear a hoody or something quite heavy to cover them. Even when my mrs lays her head on my chest and i have to tell her to get off if shes on my nipple due to discomfort. I want this to end and now is the time!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient.

Sloppy work can be done quickly but a really good job takes time and care.

My grandpa would ask: "If we have not the time to do a job right, When shall we have the time to do it over?"
Grandpa Dan

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
hey, welcome to the forums.
you'll get better replies in the UK section of the forum.. https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?board=20.0
people usually get bad results on the nhs, and generally prefer to shell out 4 grand for either Dr. Karidis, or Levick, which seem to be the top 2 in england.
you're best to read through alot of the threads in that section and find out as much as you can :)

also, i believe the blood tests just confirm to the doctor that your hormone levels are correct for surgery, preventing the gyno from returning

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024