Author Topic: Phoenix Area Surgeons?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
I ran a search for Phoenix based surgeons and surprisingly did not get a lot of hits. It just seems like a place that has such nice weather year round would have quite an abundance of plastic surgeons.

A member suggested a Dr. Angelchik (thanks again Jc71!!!), but honestly his before and after pics on his website are sort of disappointing.

I appreciate any help (especially those who may have had work done here) Thanks.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I recommend driving to  Las Vegas. Phoenix isn't exactly the mecca of good looks and plastic surgery  ;)
Now, if you're looking for a coyote to get some family across... then Phoenix is the right place.  ;D

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
I recommend driving to  Las Vegas. Phoenix isn't exactly the mecca of good looks and plastic surgery  ;)
Now, if you're looking for a coyote to get some family across... then Phoenix is the right place.  ;D

Are you serious!? The women here (well more like Scottsdale) are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! But do you recommend anyone specifically in Vegas because it is only like a 300 mile drive which I would do in a second for a good PS.

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
  • I'm new, and this place is great.
I live in both Orange County and the Phoenix area and I can assure you there MUST be a good PS in Scottsdale. The Mayo Clinic is an amazing facility, I have been treated there (not for gynecomastia) and I can nearly garantee that there is no facility that rivals it in Las Vegas, which overall is by no means a larger scene for the beautiful people and is a smaller city. If you travel anywhere it should be LA, and it may not even be worth it. Some guy on here recommended some Dr in Glendale who works out of St. Josephs in Phoenix. If you look far enough back you will see it.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Yeah, but PS isn't very popular in the Mexican culture. Only Mexicans who are "Americanized" (e.g. Mexicans who don't act like Mexicans) would be into PS. And, I have family in Phoenix so I know all about Phoenix.
But, certainly there is a market for it out there. But, it ain't like Vegas, LA, or Miami.

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
  • I'm new, and this place is great.
StillGotIt, have you been to the North East Valley in Phoenix before? I am asuming you have not with that type of response. The overall Latino population in the Phoenix area is significantly lower than it is in Los Angeles. If you have ever been to Scottsdale or Paradise Valley I don't think you would be bashing Phoenix this way. You won't see any Mexicans living there unless they play for the Diamondbacks. Trust me, I was highly critical myself. I go to school out there, but I am from Newport Beach (i am there right now) and I know what the beautiful people lifestyle is like. The people in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley etc. definitely at least try to emulate Beverly Hills/Newport etc. The streets are laced with beemers and ferraris and there are many women who have clearly had plastic surgery. Phoenix is also now the 5th largest city in the country, larger than Miami or Vegas. Also, Scottsdale has one of the 2 Mayo Clinics in the country, which is perhaps the most prestigious hospital in the country. Don't slight PHX.

Anyway- my advice is to just go to the Mayo Clinic look through their directory of Plastic Surgeons, and try to find out if one of them specializes in Gynecomastia. Or just ask around and find out which one is "the best."

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
StillGotIt, have you been to the North East Valley in Phoenix before? I am asuming you have not with that type of response. The overall Latino population in the Phoenix area is significantly lower than it is in Los Angeles. If you have ever been to Scottsdale or Paradise Valley I don't think you would be bashing Phoenix this way. You won't see any Mexicans living there unless they play for the Diamondbacks. Trust me, I was highly critical myself. I go to school out there, but I am from Newport Beach (i am there right now) and I know what the beautiful people lifestyle is like. The people in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley etc. definitely at least try to emulate Beverly Hills/Newport etc. The streets are laced with beemers and ferraris and there are many women who have clearly had plastic surgery. Phoenix is also now the 5th largest city in the country, larger than Miami or Vegas. Also, Scottsdale has one of the 2 Mayo Clinics in the country, which is perhaps the most prestigious hospital in the country. Don't slight PHX.

Anyway- my advice is to just go to the Mayo Clinic look through their directory of Plastic Surgeons, and try to find out if one of them specializes in Gynecomastia. Or just ask around and find out which one is "the best."

Couldn't have said that better myself about Phx tmart. Yeah I don't know where StillGotIt hangs out when he comes to Phoenix, but people are living very large in the areas you mentioned.

Thanks for the link as well!!!  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 12:00:50 AM by HEG »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Hey guys, it wasn't my intention to offend if I did.
Yes, I do know about Scottsdale and do understand that there are nice areas.
And, I'm from OC, too. I spent 16 years in Huntington and also lived in East Side Costa Mesa (19th and Santa Ana Ave) for a while (right across from Triangle Square).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 06:20:34 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
HEG -

I agree Dr. Angelchik's web site is disappointing if you're looking for gyne surgery.  All I can suggest is doing your own research and setting up consultations for yourself.

I've done research on and met with who I considered the best gyne PS in Scottsdale and still liked Angelchik best.  I live in Anthem and even met with a PS way out in Mesa.

If you go to Angelchik's office, he has a ton of pics and will even let you talk on the phone to people he's worked on. He takes the time to explain each facet of the surgery.  

I'm sure there's a lot of PS's in the Phoenix area who can do a good job, it's just a matter of finding them.

Hope this helps. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 04:56:22 PM by jc71 »

Offline phillipAZ

Hey Guys,

First post here, great site btw - I couldn't find anything on the web that helped, this is really refreshing - I have an appt. soon with DR.Marouk in the Biltmore Surgical Center - the lady at the desk at least said the doctor was familiar with this common surgery and a minor case would be around 2500.00 - wish me luck.

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
HEG -

I agree Dr. Angelchik's web site is disappointing if you're looking for gyne surgery.  All I can suggest is doing your own research and setting up consultations for yourself.

I've done research on and met with who I considered the best gyne PS in Scottsdale and still liked Angelchik best.  I live in Anthem and even met with a PS way out in Mesa.

If you go to Angelchik's office, he has a ton of pics and will even let you talk on the phone to people he's worked on. He takes the time to explain each facet of the surgery.  

I'm sure there's a lot of PS's in the Phoenix area who can do a good job, it's just a matter of finding them.

Hope this helps. :)

Hey Jc,

Yeah I didn't want you to think that I disregarded your information because that is entirely not the case, I most appreciate your input and your experiences in regard to researching a PS. With that in mind, I will do as you suggested and continue to do some of my own research, but also most likely meet with Angelchik as well. Thanks again for your help.

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

First post here, great site btw - I couldn't find anything on the web that helped, this is really refreshing - I have an appt. soon with DR.Marouk in the Biltmore Surgical Center - the lady at the desk at least said the doctor was familiar with this common surgery and a minor case would be around 2500.00 - wish me luck.

Please keep us updated phillip!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

Hey Jc,

Yeah I didn't want you to think that I disregarded your information because that is entirely not the case, I most appreciate your input and your experiences in regard to researching a PS. With that in mind, I will do as you suggested and continue to do some of my own research, but also most likely meet with Angelchik as well. Thanks again for your help.

I understand.  :)

Offline basics

• Posting Member
jc is there anyone else you would recommend other than angelchik?

thanks

Offline allstar

• Posting Member
Dr. Shaun Parson in Scottsdale
check out the Surgeon's List portion of this site.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024