Author Topic: Is this hematoma?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Ravi4cool

• Posting Member
I've posted about this before but got little response... here's more detail...

I have a mild case of gyne... but recently I've become obsessed over it and frequently try to press my nipples in with my hands to try to reduce it. I know, it's stupid. I press very firmly and very often. Just recently my left breast became swollen. The tissue underneath is hard, and painful to the touch. My nipple is now more puffed out.

Is this temporary? Do I have anything to worry about? It seems as if these symptoms are similar to those who had experienced surgery...

Offline Spleen

I've posted about this before but got little response... here's more detail...

I have a mild case of gyne... but recently I've become obsessed over it and frequently try to press my nipples in with my hands to try to reduce it. I know, it's stupid. .

And so you keep doing it?  This isn't to bust your chops but to say that if you know you're doing something that makes no sense and you keep doing it, what can you learn from that?  Consider talking to a counselor or therapist about issues you have with your body.

Hematoma is defined as "localized swelling filled with blood".  Not all hematoma's are created equal; they range from something as small as a bruise to as major as a brain bleed.  My advice:  see a doctor!  Have him or her examine the area and check to see if your hormones are A-OK.  Wondering, worrying, pressing, squeezing and obsessing about yer breasts isn't nearly as productive as curing them.  Good luck.

Offline Ravi4cool

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, but no I don't keep doing it. I've learned my lesson. However, I lead an active life (play basketball) and any contact to my breast hurts. I can't go see a doctor at the moment because I am out of the country for a few weeks. My symptoms are identical to those who experienced bruising after surgery (hard tissue, painful).... I'm wondering if this will ever heal and recede.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024