Author Topic: The strange case of the incurable Gynecomatia?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Donald parton

Hello there,

I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this vile condition for me. - My story briefly is this: at around 12 my Gyno developed, although looking back on it, it was not really all that bad and I could still wear most tops and it would be unnoticed... although I would not be comfortable topless.

When I hit 30 it seemed to develop more, even to the point where it was clearly visible through most of my clothing. I decided then to have something done about it & through much research I opted to have Vaser lipo conducted.

In December 2010 I had the surgery done, and although there was a reduction it was still visible. The surgeon agreed that it had not been effective and booked me in for a repeat surgery (Free of charge) 6 months later, by this time the Gynecomastia had developed to the same size as before surgery.  

The 2nd surgery seemed to do the trick and although there was a tiny amount of breast on the right, the left hand side (Which was the larger one) was completely flat.

However within 6 months it developed again to the same degree and now I find myself back to stage one. My surgeon can not explain why this is recurring and suggested that the next procedure should be injections of a substance designed to break down the fat. However, before I do this I need to find out why my body appears to be undeterred by my efforts to get rid of my man boobs and what I can do to make sure any future treatments are more effective in the long term.

Has anyone been through this or can anyone identify the problem from this brief little rant?

Thanking you in advance.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
With two operations under your belt, it would seem that you wold be best to try to find out why your gyne is recurring.  First stop should be a thorough endocrine workup.  After that, a review of any medications you may be taking to evaluate for potential side effects.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024