Author Topic: New - w/ huge boobs - pics - questions!  (Read 6408 times)

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Current age: 22
current weight: 225 lbs
height: 6'3"

I have a pretty extreme case, in my opinion. Whether I have gyno--I don't know--it might just be from being sooo heavy and also just extra skin--there does not seem to be much hard material there--but to be honest I don't really know what to "feel" for. Without saying anythign further--the pix (go ahead, laugh, etc.):

As bad as those webcam pics are, they were much, much worse a year ago, if you can believe that!  :o At 6'4", I tipped the scales at over 330 lbs last May 2004. Then, from May to Dec., I just cut back on food intake--didn't really do *any* exercise of any kind. Weight got down to 270 lbs by the next time I weighed myself, which was late December 2004. By late Feburary, I was down to 230 lbs. I am now 225 pounds. Unfortunately I got ill (flu) in late Feb. and was immobilized for 4-5 days, and I just gave up on it for about five weeks! Sad, sad me!  ::) But i am giong to get back on it tomorrow - and do my psychotic work out routine and also practically starve myself.

What I was doing in terms of exercise from late Dec. 04 to late Feb. 05 was walking four or more hours a day - sometimes 6-8 hours! - and eating pretty much just only light yogurts (about 600 calories or less a day). Extreme, maybe, but when you are that obese - you want to see results - and quickly - otherwise it is discouraging. From that period, my weight went from 270 to 230.  ;D

I had been very heavy since I was a little kid - weighed 100 pounds in Kindergarten. By 14, I was 256 pounds. I had had extremely large breasts for a number of years, so I lost 80 pounds approximately over the course of just one summer! I severely restricted my diet and exercised like crazy - riding my bike two to three hours a day as fast as i could - I really have no clue how many miles that was. My weight eventually got down to 165 pounds, which was pretty slender for my height. The boobs did get smaller, but ...they were still there. I cuold wear t-shirts then - even just whtie t-shirts - and you couldn't tell I had man boobs - but you definitely could without the shirt - but there was also an issue of some excess skin and a lot of sagging of waht was there.

My mom had me get some hormone tests and see a plastic surgeon. I even got approved for medical insurance to pay for plastic surgery to have them removed--which is pretty rare, from what I have read. I think it was medicade or medicare as well as my father's insurance -- I don't know which that was. It was years ago. But my father berated me and told me that I was being lazy - that I could get rid of my large man boobs through exercise. Being only 14, I naively believed him, and consequently there was no surgery.  :'(

So I took weight lifting and worked out a lot, hoping to eradicate the horrid man boobs. Sorry! No luck -- they stayed - though they were quite a bit smaller than they were before (and are now).

At about age 18, I just gave up. The main reason I had lost weight was because of my desire to get rid of the boobs. I had lost a ton of weight; had worked out a lot in the gym like my dad told me--but they were still there. So I went back to binge eating -- eventually almost doubled my weight by age 21 -- up to 330 pounds. I would eat a whole large pizza for dinner; eat a whole cheesecake for a snack; drink two 2 litter bottles of soda pop a day (that is, a total of 4 litters worth!) - sometimes even more! - rarely less.  :o If i made macornoi, I would eat two whole boxes by myself. I had given up on my personal appearance, and food was just a source of pleasure to me. I certainly never ate out of hunger...only for pleasure.

Anyway, as indicated, now I have lost 105 pounds in the past year. I would say I have another 60 pounds to go. That's no big deal to me. Over my life time, I have lost 185 pounds collectively (80 when I was 14 and 105 now); it just takes time and energy.  ::) Anyone can lose the weight, though I have to say - it is easier to lose weight when you're really heavy then when you're just like 200 or 220 pounds - because you burn more calories when you are really big. Anyway, I figure I can finish it by the end of the summer.  ;D

But I know now that I MUST have plastic surgery. These monstrous little beasts that live on my chest will not go away on their own - duh - like I should have figured that out before! Sadly, I am very poor, but will be able to get student loans to cover the expenses of plastic surgery - but it will take a little time! So I will probably aim for having surgery in December 2005 or else spring break 2006. I am going to try to get medical plastic surgery financing because I have extremely poor credit, so I cannot get credit cards, am only 22, and it would be NICE to have to spend ALL my money on plastic surgery! I doubt I will get approved for this financing though, but it would be a welcome joy if I could. But even if i got financing tomorrow--I am giong to wait until I am down to 165 pounds again. To me -- it just does not make sense to have surgery when you are overweight. And I went and made this commitment to myself that I would not have the surgery until I have lost all my excess weight; I want to make sure I work hard and *earn* it. I also know, from the last time I lost weight, that my boobs will get smaller...which may mean the plastic surgery be done a different way (I dunno!).  ???

If I had the surgery when i was 14 like i wanted to, I never would have gained weight again. For that reason--I really despise my father. He has caused me a lot of undue heartache.  :'(  ::)

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments you fine folks might have about my case. Does it look like I have gyno?  ??? Anyone know of any good plastic surgeons somewhere on the west coast?  ??? I would probably have to travel by car myself -- too poor for airfare -- so that is why I prefer that geographical region. I would like to get it done for about $2000-$3000 if possible, due to poor fiances - if it is more than taht - I would probably have to wait until spring 2006 or maybe even later! Do you think that plastic surgery will work well with my breasts?  ??? Will they look normal and flat after my surgery?  ??? Am I going to have to have a revision after the first surgery?  ??? Any other comments/advice?  ??? How severe is my case?  ???

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Bro you're case looks pretty bad IMO. you will be looking at more than $3K because it looks like you'll need skin reduction and some other stuff that most people don't need.

as far as how many ops you'll need you will have to see a PS for a professional opinon on that.

good luck and thanks for posting the pics.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
the pix (go ahead, laugh, etc.)

no one is here to laugh at you bro    ;)

but anyways, you should probably just see a doctor and hell get you all set up!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:02:35 PM by tnel00son »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
that's a tough story

do you still talk to your dad?

if it was covered before, is there anyway you can use that information to try and get it covered now?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

no one is here to laugh at you bro    ;)

Ditto to what tnel00son said!. The guys on this Site are in, or have been in, the same boat as you. So nobody is gonna laugh at you my man ;). Blatino my suggest that you have nothing to worry about. Just ignore him...

Your story is very similar to mine Broh. I was a fat teen and thought that the moobs were caused by my obesity. In my early 20's I went from 230 pound to 160 pound but still had the moobs. In 1990 I got down to 148 pound and still had my moobs :'( and for me they were more noticeable when I was thin :-/. From 1990 to the present, my weight gradually increased to 230 again.

Last fall I caught a nasty cold, my bad lower back was acting up agian and I had a pulled muscle in right forearm from lifting at the gym. Man I felt like a piece of crap! So... I joined Weight Watchers, hit the gym more often and cut back on the beer consumption big time. I'm down to 200 at 6 foot now and am aiming for 165.

You mention that you went from 270 to 230 in two months ( Dec. 04 to Feb. 05 ). 40 pound in two months. Good for you! That's not an easy task.  :o

Yes you have Gyne. No doubt about it. Surgery is the only way to correct your condition. STILLgotIT is prolly right when he says that you will prolly need some skin work. That will drive the cost up some. However, it will be a small price to pay to rid yourself of your moobs.  ;)

There's no way to know if you will need a revision.

John.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:11:29 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

Some random responses to general points raised by some of you:

*I do not care if I have to get a little excess skin removed. I don't mind a little scarring. For those of us who have a severe case of it...anything is better than having man boobs! Ugh! Minimal scarring is desired, but...I guess people in my position would take whatever they can get!

*I do not still talk to my dad, no--not just for this reason, but it is part of it.

*The insurance covered it before when I was 14. That was a long time ago. I am 22 now, and now I have no insurance, and i haven't for a few years. I have thought abuot trying to get an insurance, paying for it myself, so I could get something to cover it, but ... I almost think it would be a waste of money--since you don't really know which would cover it and which wouldn't. I was probably just lucky before.

*Re: 40 pounds in two months -- well, I think anyone who ate such a low calorie diet as I did and exercised as much as I did in that time frame could do that. And it is easier to shed weight when you are really big, than when you are closer to average -- say, at 200. I should also mention I have OCD, so that helps! LOL.

*I guess I would hate the thought of getting a revision, but if necessary...I guess i can live with it. I have been dealign with these for 12 years of however long I have had them...what's another little stretch of time gonna do to me? Not that much...

*I am still overweight now (225 lbs), so I think they will get a little smaller when I get down to 165--at least that is what happened last time. But they still will be severe, and there still will be excess skin, causing them to kinda droop/hang down, if it is anything like last time. But they won't have as much mass/volume to them.

*It would be nice to have them eventually so I could go swimming or take my shirt off in public. I haven't gone swimming in I don't know how many years! I used to do it when i was a kid with a T-SHIRT (!!!) on, because they were so severe, but there was too much taunting! So never again...I am not sure a lot of people realize I have it now because I wear a black t-shirt with an open button up shirt all the time, so you can't really tell that way. I live in a different geographical reason from where I grew up as well, so that helps.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It would be nice to have them eventually so I could go swimming or take my shirt off in public. I haven't gone swimming in I don't know how many years! I used to do it when i was a kid with a T-SHIRT (!!!) on, because they were so severe, but there was too much taunting! So never again...I am not sure a lot of people realize I have it now because I wear a black t-shirt with an open button up shirt all the time, so you can't really tell that way. I live in a different geographical reason from where I grew up as well, so that helps.

I'm hear'n ya Broh! Bin-Der-Done-Dat....  ;)

31 years I lived with moobs....  :-/   Yeah, you miss out on alot of fun times let me tell ya.

A few days prior to my surgery, some guy at work grabbed at me and said "look at the titz on this guy". I felt like introducing my fist to his face. I cannot understand why people have to make fun of someone less fortunate than themselves.

Yeah, you might have some scarring from skin grafting but hey, like you said "Anything is better than having man boobs".

BTW... what is 'OCD'?

John.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 03:12:51 PM by Bambu »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member

BTW... what is 'OCD'?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 08:23:41 PM by toronto »

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
A few days prior to my surgery, some guy at work grabbed at me and said "look at the titz on this guy". I felt like introducing my fist to his face. I cannot understand why people have to make fun of someone less fortunate than themselves.

Did anybody say anything after the surgery?

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Growing up, I was tauned by dozens and dozens of kids due to the breasts, but it pretty much stopped completely when I had my massive weight loss at 14. A lot of my former assailants respected that. Even when I gained them back...the moobs were not nearly so noticeable (even though they were larger when I was in the 300+ lbs weight category), because I knew how to conceal them with clothing.

I gotta say...I'd probably go ballistic if someone said that to me again...I admire your restraint. And it is probably best not to try and go do somethign to him, because that could come back to haunt you and endanger your job. Your moobs are gone now, and that guy will get his just desserts in hell.

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
boobhater22 I've been in the same boat as you have. My whole childhood and teen years I was obese and I went through constant teasing and depression all those years. At 17 I weighed about 255 lbs and over the summer lost 50 lbs and 30 more in the fall which brought me down to 175 lbs. I started going to the gym and working out and I got toned everywhere except in the chest which made me depressed and eventually I stopped working out as my chest is what I really wanted to change. When I got to college,  I started eating alot of fast food here and there and I gained like 25 lbs but I've been taking care of myself and running for the past month and a half and have lost like 15 lbs. I always thought that my condition was due to my obesity, but in the past year I learned about gynecomastia and I am currently in the works of scheduling an appt for surgery with Dr. Bermant. I've got to give you props on your weight loss and determination, but I think you should try increase your calorie intake a bit as 600 calories is way too low. Just keep up the good work and you should be in shape and ready for surgery.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Thank you for your kind comments. I hope your surgery goes well; please let me know how it turns out.

I know 600 is too low, but I am 22, not in my 30's, not in my 40's, so Id on't think it is giong to do me any serious harm. I am not doing this as part of a lifestyle pattern....just to lsoe weight for a few months - or however long it takes. :-)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hello Boobhater,

Like others who responded, I found nothing to laugh at. we are all in the same boat, but each to a different degree.

It sounds like you have a good understanding of the problem and the relationship of roller - coaster obesity.

Congratulations on your recent weight loss, and improved physical condition.

I too am worried about your 600 Cal. intake.  You described this as short term rather than a lifestyle. It would be better to work on a life style change so that the cycle is not repeated.  Alternately bingeing to obesity and then starving back to an ideal weight will take a heavy toll on your health.  

Your understanding of the surgery involved is good and your expectations seem reasonable. These will be a great help in having a successful outcome.  While preparing for surgery, you should also see an Endocrinologist to make sure there is not an underlying glandular problem left unresolved before the surgery.

I wish you well,

Dan

PS.  Tell your Dad how much his comments hurt you (and still hurt),  and try to patch things up.  Even if it doesn't work, give it an honest try.  Get that bitterness behind you.  When my dad died, we had not spoken a word for almost 15 years. . .  That can be a tough pill to swallow.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024