Author Topic: Dr. Quintin Son-Hing Vancouver  (Read 5076 times)

Offline nipple_souffle

• Posting Member
I recently consulted a plastic surgeon who i was refered to by doctor who submitted my case to MSP for coverage who then ok'd me for coverage!! :D He says my case is rathe3r minor i will not need to undergo general anesthesia, only local. Or is it the other way around? Anway, im kind of nervous i will somehow feel something during the procedure considering how sensitive and how many nerve endings there are in the nipple. I hope freezing does the trick. Anybody else dealth with Dr. Son-Hing?

Offline j-norm

• Posting Member
Good Luck with the surgery! When are you getting it done? and how long after the consultation is it before the surgery?

I live near vancouver, and apparently I have to go to my family doctor first, then get reffered... Can you just go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation? rather the family doctor THEN the plastic surgeon?

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
It seems to me that if you go to a Family doctor then be referred for surgery to a PS, your Provincial Health Insurance will cover it. I was referred in two provinces, then finally had it done in Calgary

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I live near vancouver, and apparently I have to go to my family doctor first, then get reffered... Can you just go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation? rather the family doctor THEN the plastic surgeon?

Many PS's do not require a referral.... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline anon7766

I didn't think it was possible to have it covered by MSP. Are you saying you didnt pay anything for the surgery? Were you happy with the results?

Offline j-norm

• Posting Member

GB

Oh wicked, i was hoping it was a misunderstanding :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

GB

Oh wicked, i was hoping it was a misunderstanding :)

In my case, I called Dr. Fieldings office, set up an appointment for a consult... and the rest is history. My GP was not involved.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024