Author Topic: Anyone on here who had gynecomastia who no longer does?  (Read 4234 times)

Offline pointy

• Posting Member
Well i'm 15, and have gyne, and am hoping its going to go away, how old were you when yours started going away, and after it starts going away, how long did it take for your chest to be normal? I'm just really hoping mine goes away... one more question, how much does surgery normaly cost?

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
Well, the question is this...When you say you have gynecomasitia, what exactly does this entail? Is it simply puffy nipples, excess fat, or is it actual hardened tissue growing behind the nipples? Puffy nipples due to raging hormes can subside, but if you do have hard tissue forming it would likely require surgery to remove.

Offline Dutch182

but if you do have hard tissue forming it would likely require surgery to remove.

Any facts for that? I'm having gyno for two years now, started when I was 19 (late puberty, started @ 16) but i'm still hoping it will go away. And the doc. said there was still a possibility it would go away. But if hard tissue won't go away I might just go for surgery asap.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The people who had their Gynecomastia  simply shrink down and disappear would have no reason to ever again check in at this site so you probably would never get an answer from one of them.

It is thought that about half of the boys who have breast enlargement do have it regress or shrink to that point.

The problem is that people on both sides are exaggerating so we cannot be sure of that. Is the actual number less than half, half, or more than half? It depends upon which liar is dominating the conversation at the time.

As to the second Question, I've see Quotes from $2,000 to $7,500 US Dollars. Sometimes less, but not often.

Grandpa Dan

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
but if you do have hard tissue forming it would likely require surgery to remove.

Any facts for that? I'm having gyno for two years now, started when I was 19 (late puberty, started @ 16) but i'm still hoping it will go away. And the doc. said there was still a possibility it would go away. But if hard tissue won't go away I might just go for surgery asap.

I am not a doctor. I am simply stating what I have been told by Doctors. The glandular tissue is essentially breast tissue, the same as in women.

Offline pointy

• Posting Member
Well, they are puffy nipples, I think they are the pointy kind and I am skinny. And there is a hard tissue thing underneath my nipple, but I thought that had to be there if you had gynecomastia. Am I mistaken?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it comes in all kinds.  the dense tissue is what you say.  i am not a doc, but i believe that if you subtracted the fat and water content of the women's tissue, it would contract down to the denser stuff like you and i have, only i have a little more.  it may be an insight of the etiology of gyne that the hormones nudge the tissue formation but not always the expansion.  the tissue people say is always there in the normally developed male chest however i believe is only a trace amount.  yes you have it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline pointy

• Posting Member
it comes in all kinds.  the dense tissue is what you say.  i am not a doc, but i believe that if you subtracted the fat and water content of the women's tissue, it would contract down to the denser stuff like you and i have, only i have a little more.  it may be an insight of the etiology of gyne that the hormones nudge the tissue formation but not always the expansion.  the tissue people say is always there in the normally developed male chest however i believe is only a trace amount.  yes you have it. 
Well what do you think the chances are of it going away? I'm 15.

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
Well what do you think the chances are of it going away? I'm 15.

all the doctors i saw said it goes away in most teenagers. but it never went away for me and im sure for a lot of people on these boards... My endo told me that if the dense tissue is there for more than a year, it probably wont go away
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
those who lose it probably never had it in a serious way.  pointy's endo's pretty much on.  sometimes maybe even after two years, but minority of cases. 

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
There are lots of guys on here who no longer have gyne, and surgery prices vary from location to location... were I live its like 7.000 ...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024