Author Topic: I have low testosterone  (Read 5914 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
endocronologist (spelling?) took bloodtest and the results are back...I have low testosterone....
I went there because of puffy nipples..
what will happen now?
will the puffy nipples go back when I get treatment?
what treatment will I get?

Offline bennyha

• Posting Member
gynebob i was wondering the same thing. Im almost sure I have low testosterone as well and am thinking of getting my checked out. I think this because I have very little hair on my legs and armpits and none at all on my thighs. I am 22 years old and this doesnt seem right to me. Did any of these characteristics affect you too?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
gyneblob how old are you?
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
i am 24..

I have ALOT of hair on my legs quite alot on my arms...but nothing on my chest...
i dont think i have any other symptoms on my body that would suggest low testosteron

Ive had puffy nipples since puberty....around 10 years now I guess.....

here are some pictures
http://home.no/gynebob5/gyne/

Offline hypo

This is a website/support group for those that suffer from testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism) and for those that are interested in knowing more about the condition, particularly if they are worried that they may have it themselves

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
here are the result levels =

18 october 2004
thyroxin = 16
fsh= 1.3
lh = 3.0
prolaktin 217
estradiol= 0.10
tsh= 13.62
shgb=16
testosteron 11,7

26 october 2004
thyroxin = 15
fsh : 1,1
LH = 2,2
tsh = 9,64
estradiol = <0,10
shbg = 16
testostreon 10,2

05 january 2005  
thyroxin = 14
fsh = 1,3
lh = 202
TSH = 4,88
estradiol = <0,1
shbg = 16
testosteron = 6,1

01 february 2005
shbg = 16
testosteron = 12,8

any comments?

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
Hi Bob -

I'm going through the same thing, and have low testo levels.

My endo says he will try me on either injected teststorone, or by patch or topical cream.

I'm waiting for a call (he's calling tomorrow @ 11am) to let me know the treatment plan (this is because i had to have a load of bloodwork after I saw him on friday)

So the answer will probably be supplementation.

Cheers,
Matt
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Gine2D

Before you start Testosterone treatments and if your LH & FSH are low, ask your endo if you can try HCG injections.  
It sends the same signal that the pituritary is supposed to send to the testicles to produce Testosterone.

This may start more production naturally.
If it doesn't work then you can do the HRT.

If you do need testosterone, try to get the endo to write the prescription for a compounded Testosterone gel.  It is about 1/5 the price of AndroGel & Testim.  They cost $150-$200 month.  Injections are cheaper than the commericial packets.

Compounded Testosterone  is about $25 to $40 month when made by the compounding pharmacy.

Good luck

Offline hypo

Gine 2D is correct.

It is very important that your respective endocrinologists do not simply just diagnose low testosterone (hypogonadism) but also that they find the origin of your problems as this can greatly affect treatment.

Typically there are two forms of hypogonadism.  I shall not use the medical names as they will only add to the confusion.  There are problems that originate in the testicles, sometimes refered to as primary issues and there are problems that originate in the pituitary, sometimes refered to as secondary issues.

If your problem is primary your testicles do not function correctly.  In such cases LH and FSH usually higher than normal as the pituitary is asking the testicles to produce testosterone but they cannot work, so the pituitary continually asks the same question over and over.

If your problem is secondary your testicles work fine but your pituitary is giving them the false impression that they do not need to work.  In such cases LH and FSH are usually lower than normal.

There is a third rarer type of hypogonadism called metabolic hypogonadism that can easily go undiagnosed, but I shall not mention this further as it is rarer, certainly in young men.

gynebob3,

Irrespective of what the reference ranges of your tests are, your test results have fluctuated greatly which seems odd.  All tests should be undertaken in the morning no latter than about 11:30am.  Did you have the January test late afternoon and the other tests in the morning?  That could theoretically at least account for the difference.

Are you on any medications?

Do you have the reference ranges from those tests and the scale that they are measured in?

What country are you from?

Just trying to get a better picture.

atm311,

Make sure your endocrinologist finds out what form of hypogonadism you have prior to treatment, as once treatment is commenced it alters the your endocrine function and it can be very difficult to find the source of the problem at a later date.

What country are you from?

Androgel/Tesogel name differs between the US and Europe is a better product than injectables which tend to increase estrogen too much.  Europe has just passed a new injectable that might end up being superior to old style injections and gels.  It is called Nebido and itself is an injectable.

Please if you have any questions at all, you only have to ask whether that is here or via a private message.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024