Author Topic: new to the site, please help  (Read 1998 times)

Offline dmaher

So, I'm new to the site and I thought I'd get some of my information out there. I'm 19 and I'm not sure that I have gyne. I haven't been to the doctor or anything yet, but I'm in reasonably good shape and I've been a runner since early high school so I think this is the only possible explanation for the shape of my chest. The only thing holding me back from getting the surgery at this point is the healing time. Can anyone tell me about their experiences and how things went for them? I live pretty close to the water in the summer and I'd like to be able to go out when it gets nice. How long is it before you actually look good enough to take a your shirt off and not have anyone notice anything substantial? What do the scars even look like/are they noticeable?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome to the site broh!!!

You should expect at least 3 months for your surgery wounds to heal.

Here are 2 close-up pics of my nipples/areolas. Incision scars are barely noticeable. Keep in mind though, individual results may vary...  ;)

LHS

RHS

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dmaher

3 months? that's not too bad. yeah, the only thing i'm really concerned about is the healing time. did you get a look like that by 3 months? i'm a little self conscious about even doing anything and i'd really prefer to not tell everyone.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Keep in mind though, it may take up to a year to heal 'completely'...  We all heal at different rates...

Those two close up pics were taken on Oct. 15, 2005. Seven months post-op. At 3 months, my incision wounds were still a tad red...

@ 3 months...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024