Author Topic: is gyne surgery a cake-walk?  (Read 5883 times)

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
hi,
I heard from people that gyne surgery is a cake-walk.. is it true? is it a simple surgery.. 
would it be just like a work-out in gym? after surgery would I feel normal in a couple of weeks?

I know surgery will make my life better .. but i am scared of surgery..am worried whether results will be good since I have a mild gyne.. should I go ahead with surgery? or should I wait for some more time till I make up my mind?
~karnik~

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
I'm not really sure why you're asking most of these questions.  You're asking people to decide for you if you should have surgery or not?  You said yourself it's a mild case.  You need to ask yourself if you need surgery, or more like if you want surgery.  You could have the slightest bit of gyne that nobody notices, but if you notice it and it's affecting your life, then that's why YOU need to make the decision.

Talk to a surgeon about the surgery.  Better yet, talk to a few surgeons about the surgery.  It's not brain surgery, but it is surgery.  I think the comfort level is different for everyone.  But don't be scared of the surgery, it just may be the best thing you ever do.

Offline Needsomeadvice

• Posting Member

Can you notice the gyno with your shirt on or do you need to take your shirt off to see it?

With me, I can't hide it even with my shirt on. If the wind is blowing, I try to walk the other way to prevent it from showing,etc..

If it is caused by mostly fat, them maybe smart lipo ( laser lipo with less then a 1mm incision needed) might be something to consider? I am not sure.

Do you have any pictures you can post?

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
It was definitely a cake walk for me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The recovery process can have its moments, but aside from that.... Yeah, surgery is a piece of cake my friend.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
The surgery itself is a cake-walk, yes. You lie down, they put the IV in your arm and the next thing you know you start waking up and the surgery is done. You don't feel a thing. Right afterwards you only feel a little woozy from the anesthesia but you feel no pain whatsoever. About an hour or 2 after the surgery, the numbness wears off and some soreness starts to kick in. It's uncomfortable but not unbearable.. especially with the pain killers you'll have already been prescribed. Within the next few days you'll have some points where you feel very sore and uncomfortable but after a couple of days the soreness will be completely tolerable without pain meds. I'm on day 6 post-op and at this point I don't need tylenol anymore. I'm still very bruised and pretty sore but I can tell that from this point on, I'm going to start feeling much better by the day. Everyone heals differently, though.. so it depends on the person.

Bottom line..  a few days or weeks of discomfort is probably worth it if you're going to end up living the rest of your life gyne-free. At least it certainly will be for me.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey I would advise you to look up a well known and experienced surgeon and go for a consultation. You could also talk to your doctor before this.

Obviously gyne bothers you hence your post.

Im only a couple of days post op all I can say is that I underestimated the recovery process.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
The surgery is not bad at all, 10 days post op and I can't believe I did not have the surgery earlier, like in my twenties.

I procrastinated about surgery for some time but ultimately, the thought of being shirtless on a beach, not being conscious of what I am wearing etc. pushed me beyond the fear of surgery and I went with it and let me tell you the grass is way greener on the other side.

Offline shen

• Posting Member
The surgery is NOT a cakewalk.

It is expensive. It is a mental commitment. And it is NOT guaranteed. Every human body is different and unique, and no two surgeries will end up with the same results. Look around the board, there are a huge number of people who end up unsatisfied with their results and require revision surgery. Even a reputable doctor has a chance of "unsuccessful" surgery.

Surgery is a GAMBLE. It is a risk. But, as many will agree here, it is a risk worth taking when you have suffered your entire life with such a horrible condition.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
shen -

When people here say the surgery is a cakewalk, they're referring to the actual procedure itself I would think. Obviously the cost, mental commitment, etc are other factors that go INTO the surgery but aren't actually a part OF the surgery.

I don't know what you're basing your statement that a huge number of people end up unsatisfied, but if it's based on this board, that is a poor deduction. I would be willing to bet that a TON of people who post here and have successful surgeries never post here again because gynecomastia is no longer an issue for them. Once it is gone, it is a thing of the past and if it's not something you need guidance or advice on dealing with anymore, there's a good chance you won't return here to post unless you feel you'd be helpful in sharing a success story.

On the other hand, I bet a very high percentage of those who are NOT happy with their results, absolutely DO come back here because they're not out of the woods and they are seeking more advice on what to do next.

Personally, I just had the surgery done about a week ago.. so I don't know what my final result will be. The preliminary signs are that I will be very happy with the outcome. But just because you see a lot of unhappy patients here doesn't mean they are the majority or even close to it. It's more that the majority of those who are unhappy with their results DO return here while the majority of those who are completely satisfied, likely do not.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
I was scared just like you now I only wish I  learned what gyne was sooner so I could have had the surgery done way before 2007 my advice is get a good surgeon and get it done I walk around with tank tops and shirtless all the time now  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The surgery is NOT a cakewalk.

Have you had Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery (GRS)?

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

shen - I don't know what you're basing your statement that a huge number of people end up unsatisfied, but if it's based on this board, that is a poor deduction.

Sure, you do see some posts from guys saying "Nope, surgery didn't work, and I'm pissed!!! Gonna get a revision."...  However, many of these guys are prolly in the very early stages of post-op recovery and are experiencing swelling. Swelling can make your chest look like the G is back. You have to give your chest at least 3 months healing time before passing judgment on recovery results.

We live in a 'I want it, and I want it RIGHT NOW...' society. Many guys who get GRS expect to be 'ready-to-go' as soon as they get home from the hospital/clinic. It just doesn't work like that. You have to give MoNa some time to work her magic. How many posts have you read that say...  "Yup, I waited the full year to recover that my PS suggested, however, I still need a revision..." I have not seen any!  ;)

GB
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:12:22 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Bambu -

Exactly. People often have unrealistic expectations. They feel like as soon as they walk out of the hospital/office, they're going to have a flat chest and only need a couple of weeks to get over the soreness and then.. BAM! Cured! Unfortunately, as we know, it doesn't quite work THAT fast.

Personally, I'm about 10 days post-op and I'm looking better and feeling better every day. However, I realize my body is going to take a few months before it heals completely and I see the absolute final result.

To be honest, that part of it really isn't even that bad. In my case, even with a little bit of swelling, I still feel MUCH more comfortable and there's still enough of a difference where I feel like I could wear a tight t-shirt right now and nobody would ever say anything. If the scars were healed and the bruising was gone and I went to the beach tomorrow, I could guarantee I would not get a single comment regarding any sort of large chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024