Author Topic: Dr. Question. I need revision surgery, but is it even possible?  (Read 3577 times)

Offline George12

• Posting Member
I hate to say that I need revision surgery. This could be the worst feeling I have ever felt, not choosing a good surgeon is this largest mistake you will make!

So in a few words I'm screwed. I am so mad right now it is hard to explain. I have literally made it worse, and ruined my life. When the surgery was complete I was so incredibly happy. It looked great, but I had these square clear dressings over both insiciions, and pretty much where everything was numb. So I couldn't see my nipple, and everything looked perfect and smooth.

Then I go for my first follow up visit and they allow me to peel off the dressings so I can finally see, and this is what I get.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9931/photo5yuy.jpg

Literally the worst day of my life. So, is this even possible to correct? Thank you.

Offline George12

• Posting Member
By the way, the wrap below my chest is the ace wrap my surgeon told me I needed to wear. He said I didn't need a compression garment.

Offline user87

• Silver Member

Offline George12

• Posting Member
My left nipple is still large and they are both cratered right under the nipple where the tape is. Also, my nipples are not even in height.

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
After reading your post, I decided to help you out just a bit, but please do not take any of this the wrong way.

A) Many men do not have symmetrical nipples, so ignore this, I hardly even noticed.
B) You look like you can gain some muscle mass.
C) Stop freaking out and get opinions from different surgeons.

to me, you look fine, i dont know about others -.-

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
Give it a few weeks.  That said, you do look cratered/sunken.  I had similar results....I am just about the 6 month mark, the crater and sunkneness did NOT go away.  Good luck,  I agree picking the wrong surgeon can be one of the worst decisions of your life, and in my case a very expensive mistake.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is much too early in the healing to draw any conclusions -- and you will spend needless time worrying about something that may not even come to pass.

Oftentimes, when tapes (steri-strips are applied) to the wounds, they act as pressure on that area and keep the swelling down.  On the other hand, the upper half of your nipples, which were not taped, have swollen.  This gives you the impression that the lower half is cratered.

My best advice:  wait til the tapes are removed and the swelling equalizes everywhere on your chest -- and then wait at least several months before you begin to consider your surgery a disaster -- it may not be so!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024