Author Topic: Fsh lh testosterone level  (Read 6112 times)

Offline uza1902

• Posting Member
Hi guys i am new here.i have mild gynaecomastia both side left >rt.it became worst after tamoxifen therapy  in shape.probably rebound effect.my hormone result before tamoxifen therapy...LH 1.63 M IU/ml, FSH 1.44 MIU/ml,TESTOSTERONE 5.84 ng/ml.is there anything wrong in my hormone level .spcialy FSH.pLEASE REPLY

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
I don't know what they mean either. My T was also quite low (1.7) before I began TRT. I just had it checked about a week ago and even after being on TRT for a bit over a year it's still low. Seems my body has decided to make even less T than it did before.

Anon

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Okay, I happened to stumble upon the answers to your questions about LH, and FSH. Please see the following:

LH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luteinizing_hormone

FSH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follicle-stimulating_hormone

Hope this helps.

Anon

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
If you are on TRT then your body will stop producing its own testosterone. This is common knowledge in TRT talk, its called the hypothalmus/pituitary feedback loop.
 sounds like you need your T levels increased OR an Aromatase inhibitor. ( Excess testosterone is sometimes converted into Estrogen by the enzyme - Aromatase)

Hi,

Yes, I am aware of these issues, but was unaware of the terminology regarding the hypothalamus/pituitary feedback loop. Nevertheless, I've been reading and continue to read extensively about what my body is doing and why, although you may well be farther down that road than I. For me, my body is doing so many things all-at-once I'm finding it difficult to keep up. I've also read where the mortality rate for men with low-T is substantially higher than for those with normal, or even high T.

My Dr. recently changed my dosage from 200mG once a month, to 100mG every other week. This recent test is the first since that change, and was taken 9-days after my last injection. The result is that my T measured 225 ng/dL. According to the lab the reference range for an adult male is 241-827 ng/dL. I have also read where the test should be performed in the "trough" where the measurement is likely to be the lowest. Unfortunately I am still having other symptoms of low T unrelated to gynecomastia. In fact, while my breasts may be an unwelcome conversation at times, they pale in comparison to my back pain, heart issues, abdominal aneurysm, and a host of other annoyances. In short, at 51 I'm too young to be this old!

At this point I'm leaning toward increasing my T due to some symptoms I'm having and seeing where that brings me. I'll see if my Dr. agrees.

Thanks,

Anon

(Edit: My Dr. wasn't in the office today when I called to aske what he wanted to do about my T levels. However, his associate Dr. doubled my injection dosage to 200mG every other week.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:49:12 PM by Anon E Mouse »

Offline kingboob

If you are interested in male HRT or 'TRT' then you really should check out allthingsmale.com and the 'links' section which joins up to a HRT discussion forum.

The levels posted by the topic starter mean nothing without a reference range to go by.... 5.84 ng/ml  on a 5 to 50 range is obviously low, but on a 1 to 6 scale it is high....... Although his LH & FSH look low on any possible scale/range I have ever seen..... but if you are taking TRT that is normal anyway.

Offline uza1902

• Posting Member
Yes thats true my doc also said that my testosterone level is normal but FSH LH low.he didnot advice anything specific... My sex drive decrese/recently and mild gynaecomastia.my age is only 26 so i dont want any hormonal manipulation in my body.....hope it will become normal with time.....is there any natural way to increse LH AND FSH?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024