Author Topic: I had the surgery at age 30  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Westcoastguy

I want to share my experience with others. I had the surgery at age 30. I developed it in my late teens. I was so embarrassed and told no one. For years I wore baggy tops and slouched, so no one could see my chest clearly. I never changed in locker rooms. My sex life suffered, which for a man in his 20s is tough. I would wear shirts when having sex, which is odd

i told only my mother, because i needed support to get the surgery done, especially the outpatient care. She didn;t understand it, but backed me up. Only my family physician truly understood.

I had the surgery and I am glad to have it. I did lose some sensation in my nipples and at times i feel it looks a little too flat now if anything. talk about ironic.

but i am much happier. i am 5'10 and 170 lbs. i can wear slim shirts again and change in a locker room. no one notices anything. I can comfortable take off my clothes and enjoy sex with a woman. in fact i now love taking off my shirt with a woman! so things worked out well for me.

i think everyone who has this condition has to make an individual choice. Surgery may or may not be right for everyone. they need to discuss with a physician and get several opinions. plus get someone;s support if you do proceed with the surgery. it helped me out.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
all those reads and no responses? congrats buddy! glad you're happy with the results!

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
Congrats!

I'm in my early 30s, pretty slim, and still suffer from puffy nips I got in puberty. I'm finally going to have the surgery this year and hope that I'll feel as liberated as you do now. I can't even imagine what it will feel like.

Congrats again!

Offline papashango9

• Posting Member
I'm 30 and just did it also, 3 weeks ago can't wait to get the binder off and be liberated. Same past as you although my mom did understand. Wish I did it 10 years ago but oh well. Many good years ahead! Congrats my friend

Offline Pearlsnap

• Posting Member
Papashango,

I read in another post of yours that you went to Dr. Jacobs. I'm going to him too.

Is the compression vest after surgery really as easy to hide under shirts as I have heard people say? I wear my shirts more on the slim fit side and my button down work shirts are slightly see-thru...as in you can see if i am wearing a t shirt under it. What tips can you give me in this department?

Thanks 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations to you all and thank you very much for your input. I sincerely hope you will stay in touch for a while. Many questions are asked that only someone who is post operative could answer. While your interest in the site will wane, your experience will be of great value to many people if you remain active here. We really need you.
Grandpa Dan

Offline papashango9

• Posting Member
He just gave me a binder which is a wrap that goes around your chest horizontally, but with a basic t shirt over it you can notice the Velcro end sticking out. I wear a suit jacket to work which is perfect, but think you are fine with a button up. You could always maybe put a second tight shirt over the binder to keep the end pressed close to your body.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024