Author Topic: Too flat?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline cutter

I had surgery 4 weeks ago. It seems one side is sunken under the nipple and a few inches above while the other side is more of a normal contour. I had hanging skin below both so the PS had to make incisions under the hanging skin. I see him in a few days. Should I ask him about options for the future, i.e. implant procedure to smooth out what looks like a small ditch? Any suggestions?

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
I strongly advise you not to think of implants. I did this 7 years ago and I recently removed them. if you have a crater in the centre of your chest then a good surgeon can do things like fat flap (use fat from around the crater to fill the gap) + sculpturing liposuction. its very successful in experienced hands. this depends on how deep the crater is.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

DrBermant

I had surgery 4 weeks ago. It seems one side is sunken under the nipple and a few inches above while the other side is more of a normal contour. I had hanging skin below both so the PS had to make incisions under the hanging skin. I see him in a few days. Should I ask him about options for the future, i.e. implant procedure to smooth out what looks like a small ditch? Any suggestions?

4 weeks can be very early after surgery depending on the problem to be treated and what was done.  It is easier to take out than put back.  You need to check out how male chest implants look on motion, how they move when you move, before considering that option.  I do not offer male chest implants because I do not like the way they look on animation.

If there is a deformity, Revision Surgery can often help.  Your options depend on the original problem, what was done, the after care, and other factors.  Some crater deformities are just too extensive for revision surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024