Author Topic: Anyone have experience in being a lab rat?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
I am 19 years old and in college and my family isn't exactly well off.  But, I need money for my gyno surgery and I haven't had the best of luck finding work over the summer. I saw a few commericials about medical research places that pay 400-4000 dollars for volunteers that will test out different drugs and stay overnight and on weekends in medical facilities. basically on their website it says subjects will be testing a generic version of a namebrand drug. Each study varies, but I gathered that a typical study would involve staying a weekend in a dormitory style place with cable TV, pool tables, and other things. I'm sure the food sucks, but I'm not really worried about it.

There are a bunch of different studies open and each of them pay about $1100 for 3 weekends a month. I do realize the risk involved in this and I am still skeptical myself, which is why I want to learn more about it. If anyone has any experiences with this type of thing or anything similar, please give me some feedback.

Also, I am interested in plasma donations. I'm pretty desperate for money atm.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I don't know anything about these drug testing facilities but I will give you kudos on getting up off your butt to pay for your gyne operation.  

Good luck.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024