Author Topic: Geez fella's how do i tell?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

First post, bigtime newbie here. I'm fairly certain i have gyne but i can't take a picture and discuss it with others yet ( i'll come across a digi cam soon enough ) But is there anyway i can just touch and feel it out? does it have a distinct feeling? I push down on the nipple region and it pretty much just feels like flab.

Offline brooknam10

• Posting Member
mine feels liek a seprate piee of tissue, still connected but diffrent.  i got about a handfull of it. if u lift your arms you u can see it hanging. my case anyway not a minor case but not major

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
If it is soft under the nipple and you don't feel any hard lumps than your gynecomastia is composed of fat. If you feel hard lumps under the nipple or connected to the nipple it is glandular or glandular and fatty tissue gynecomastia. Also glandular gynecomastia can cause puffy nipples large or elevated nipples. You said it was soft around the areola region so you most likely have psuedo gynecomastia or fatty gynecomastia. If you don't need to lose weight or haven't used steroids surgery is most likely your only hope getting rid of it. If you need to lose weight weight loss can help. In some or rare cases weight loss cures it but, many cases weight loss improves but doesn't rid the gynecomastia. You can also put your fingers on opposite ends 2 inches from the nipple on each side and move your fingers together to the nipple whatever you feel will also help to distinguish what gynecomastia you have. If you do that test and it is all soft it is Psuedo gyne. If you do it and it is soft with some lumps or fibiruos lines of tissue it is gland/fat gyne. If it is all hard lumps or tissue lines with very little or no fat then it is glandular gyne. Hope some of this helps. Good luck and your best bet for any of these cases if you have a lot of extra weight to lose lose weight first. If you have had it for more than 2-3 years it most likely won't go away. If you are clear on these than surgery is most likely your best bet. Surgery ranges from $2-5000. If you haven't seen your doctor about it go to him/her and talk to them about it. If they don't see a problem and you do and you pass all the other criteria stated earlier in my statement set up your own consultation with a skilled Plastic Surgeon. Some do free consultations.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
firstly. are you overweight? if you are, then as others have mentioned it may just be a case of pseudogynecomastia. one way that i first realized i had gyne, was when i was lying down, and i felt around my nipple. you could clearly feel the glandular tissue. also some people claim that they feel a (what they call) "muscle" right underneath the nipple.. well if you feel that, its a great chance that its not muscle.

rule of thumb:

gland: lumpy, hard,
fat: soft, no lumps, just soft and amorphous
muscle: muscles aren't too (even when not flexed) very different from gland..

one way of telling muscle from gland (a technique i use) is that i feel the muscle on my upper pectorials, and when i touch my lower pecs (where i believe the gland is) you can totally tell the difference.

• Bronze Member

Wow these boards are fast and helpful, rock n roll. anywho, I'm about 5'8 and I'm 160lbs.  I am about ten pounds overweight ( slightly pudgy all over for now ) I've noticed this Gynecomastia or Psuedogynecomastia about a year or two ago. ( also, I did start drinking a lot of booze in the last year )

So far when i press directly into my nipple or around I mainly feel flab, I'll post some picture in the gyne pics board soon, thanks pals.

• Bronze Member
Ok, I started working out a couple days ago ( cardio for atlest 40 minutes ) So i'll see what a month or two does. I wont bother to actually work the pectorals out because i don't want to risk size enlargment. I'll get back to you fellas.

Gine2D

If you have breasts that puff out like a girls then you have gynecomastia.

G

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
wait, by drinking a 'lot' of booze, do you mean like insanely a lot, or just the ocassional college kid's binge drinking.. heh.

no. cuz one of the potential causes leading to gynecomastia is liver impairment.. i don't know. you might want to talk to a doctor about it.. but as far as my experiences have been with  GP's.. some of them don't know sqaud about gyne..

but try the cardio out first. see how it helps. and bump to Gine2d's comment, if it puff's out (as in puffy nipples) then you know that there's gland.

• Bronze Member
 Well i posted some pictures of this gyne-ish like region in the chest in the image boards. Please check em out and lay the news down my brotha's

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024