Author Topic: So. I finally got around to experimenting with an underwire bra.  (Read 1893 times)

Online Evolver

• Gold Member
I have always been a fan of wirefree bras, but because I am only A/B cup, it is difficult to find a non-padded bra in my band size that I can actually fill out. I felt that I had to experiment with an underwire, particularly after taking heed of the swoop-and-scoop advice often talked about on the forum. My normal size is 40B (too hard to find an adequate 40A) with some creasing, so I thought that swoop-and-scoop in an underwire would do the trick.

There are obvious differences, that weren't obvious to me! Normal advice is to wash before wear. No probs, a quick hand wash under the laundry tap should do. Try to wring it out, nup, can't do that! D'oh! After a day or so of it drying inside it was time for a try on. It was tight! It sudenly occurred to me that underwire bras don't stretch at the front! D'oh! Therefore, they are far less forgiving overall in band measurement. For now, I am attaching an extender to it, but maybe it might loosen up in time. Next, the cup size. Laid out alongside a similar looking wirefree of the same size, the cup size of the underwire is larger. It seems that bra manufacturers are fully aware of swoop-and-scoop and cater for it, so the nett result for me is zero - a B cup is still not fully filled out.

Apart from that, the bra itself seems to be a good product. Nice wide 3/4 inch straps, only a 2 row hook enclosure in this size but it is also wide, and reasonably priced. The straps are a bit unusual in that the adjustment is at the shoulder end rather than the band end, which is something that I haven't come across before.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 01:58:57 AM by Aussie63 »

Online Johndoe1

Other than the points you mentioned, your girls look supported and nicely shaped. Up size the band one size and sister down to an A cup and you might have it licked!  You probably want to try more of a plunge style where the center gore isn't as tall. That may help on the cup wrinkles. It may not be a size issue but rather a style issue. What bra is that? This is why you have to try on a bra to see if it really works. Once you figure out what works, bra shopping gets easier.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Online Evolver

• Gold Member
Other than the points you mentioned, your girls look supported and nicely shaped. Up size the band one size and sister down to an A cup and you might have it licked!  You probably want to try more of a plunge style where the center gore isn't as tall. That may help on the cup wrinkles. It may not be a size issue but rather a style issue. What bra is that? This is why you have to try on a bra to see if it really works. Once you figure out what works, bra shopping gets easier.
The brand name is Hestia. Sold almost exclusively in one of our department stores, they could be a poor man's version of a more famous brand, but I don't really know. They don't make an A cup at all, unfortunately.

Thanks for the advice about plunge bras, I'll keep it in mind.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
look on herroom the do have a cups. I just bought a couple for myself to get the right cup fit with a larger band

Offline 42CSurprise!

I checked that brand brassiere.  It has a very nice look.  I discovered, of course, that it is a brand available in Australia... which is where you live...  This is not a brand I find in this country and checking E-Bay which lists the brand I see it costs almost eighteen dollars to ship a brassiere to this country.  So dealing internationally isn't really sensible when it comes to brassieres.  It was also funny visiting an Australian website and being asked to determine band size in centimeters rather than inches.  I can do that, but added all together I think I'll skip the whole exercise.

And so your experiment continues.  Like many here have said... underwire brassieres are a whole new ball game... one that really is suited to male breasts that sit wide on the chest.  Swooping and scooping into underwire cups is quite magical.  Finding brassieres that work with our unique bodies is pure pleasure.  Stay with it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024