Author Topic: Gyno or Fat?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline JTOB26

Here are my photos. What do you think? Gyno or just fat?

They do jiggle up and down a bit when I run although they don't hurt and don't necessarily seem sensitive (well, they didn't until I started pressing on them to feel for underlying tissue).

I was feeling them to see if there was hard tissue underneath and there's definitely something hard underneath and just below the nipple.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 12:16:32 PM by JTOB26 »

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I'm not an expert, but if it is real gyno, it looks like a very mild case to me and not worth worrying about if it's not causing you problems. 

From the last photo it looks from the marks on your skin that you already wear some sort of sports crop top when you jog? Why? Does it help?

It also looks like your chest is naturally hairless. Again, I'm not an expert, but if you're really worried that your breasts are growing, maybe get your hormone levels checked, it could explain a few things.

Offline JTOB26

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I'm really not certain what to make of it, that's why I'm asking here. I realize it's a mild case, and I'm grateful for that because it's not super noticeable to most people.

As for the marks, yes, I did just try on a cheap sports bra just to see what difference that might make when running. It seems to help with the bouncing sensation. I measured myself and I believe I'm an A or possibly a B cup.

I'm working on losing the belly fat, so it will be interesting to see what effect weight loss will have on my chest.

I've always been pretty hairless although I do have hair on my underarms, groin, and arms/legs. Never had real chest hair though. Not sure if that's a sign of a hormone issue, but yeah, maybe I should get checked.

Offline gotgyne

You should not be worried, since it is really a very mild case. Aussie63 already gave an excellent answer. How old are you?
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline JTOB26

You should not be worried, since it is really a very mild case. Aussie63 already gave an excellent answer. How old are you?

Offline SideSet

Not big, but female in appearance 

Offline JTOB26

Not big, but female in appearance
That is what I was also thinking too. I was trying to compare my chest to other males and I feel like mine is definely more rounded and feminine in appearance.

For many years I wasn't overly concerned about how my chest looked. But as I gained weight during the last 2 years, I started to notice my nipples are now showing through my shirt. I recently started actively working to lose the Covid fat, so we'll see what impact that has on my chest.

Offline blad

Regardless of size, if a bra helps with comfort, particularly with activities, then wear one with confidence.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Yes, I agree with blad, keep wearing your sports bra when you run. It's better than the alternative!

It's funny when we talk about sports bras or crops for athletes, it is commonplace over here to see this especially for professional footballers etc., I can only assume it is common around the world too. Difference is I guess, that the sorts of crops that they wear are designed to hold GPS trackers for performance analysis but there is an obvious benefit regarding nipple chafing and dealing with bouncing etc. as well. If you or I wore a feminine sports bra or crop with nothing over it and went for a jog, it's probably not appropriate, but during training sessions it is extremely common to see the players running around in just their crops on top (apologies for the long URL):
Catapult on Twitter: "All our @AFL teams are starting out strong in pre-season 💪🏽 Great pictures from the @freodockers time-trial 🏃🏽‍♂️ "We're going to play fast football, really face up and open the ground up and get the ball moving." 📸 Fremantle https://t.co/VT3Qo7viNO" / Twitter

Offline SideSet

Most likely as you lose weight, it will come disproportionately from areas other than your breasts. This will leave you with a more pronounced female bust relative to the rest of your torso

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024