Author Topic: Alternatives to surgery or drug therapy?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Vallucca

Hi,

I've had gynecomastia for as long as i can remember, and as I'm sure you all know, its a hard thing to live with

I'm 18 at the moment, and just coming out of school and entering college, being so self conscious and feeling so... different i suppose is really begining to hurt, i guess cos of what people have said or done over the years

but anyway, what i wanted to ask is, are there alternatives to surgery or drug/hormone therapy?

basically surgery terrifies me, and i know that drug or hormone therapy can have nasty effects, which i don't really want, so i'm hoping that theres an alternative lol

I'm overweight, i weigh around 140 kilos, but i do weight training and the such so i'm hoping most of thats muscle and bone lol.  would losing weight help me rid my gynecomastia?  I had it before being overweight... i'm just thinking of options you know.

Plus if i lost a lot of weight, but maintained the weight training - training up my chest muscles for instance, would that also help?

I'm asking because i'm quite desperate to deal with it - last summer was horrendous... i was walking around in the full sun wearing thick jackets and jumpers.... it was horrible lol, and i was so scared to take em off cos i was basically scared of what happened before as i was growing up happening again... the bullying and teasing and the such

Thankyou very much for any replies, they truly would be full heartedly appreciated

Will.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024