Author Topic: Dr Bermant- thoughts on cording?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

I have developed this problem in one arm and it is restricting my movement.

I have had some of them snapped but I still have a rather large one left that is restricting my movement/mobility.

I wondered if you had any information relating to cording, how to deal with it etc?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:39:44 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I haven't seen the good doctor in a while.  Maybe he's on vacation.

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
I want to know as well.  so back to the top
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline Hypo-is-here

DrBermant

I have developed this problem in one arm and it is restricting my movement.

I have had some of them snapped but I still have a rather large one left that is restricting my movement/mobility.

I wondered if you had any information relating to cording, how to deal with it etc?

Sorry, I have not seen that problem as what you have described.  Tissue banding up, scarring can be a function of injury.  Thickening scars can limit motion.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Hypo-is-here

Fair enough Dr B thanks for the answer anyway.

I have cording under one arm.

I knew nothing about it before surgery and only found out anything about it post surgery due to having it.

I have heard that it is due to the lymphatic system acting up but apparently there is no known cause for it.

I just wish I knew a little more, as I want to know how it is likely to pan out over the course of time.

My surgeon has snapped some of the cords and this has given me greater movement/mobility of the arm/shoulder, but I still have some restriction/some cords left and wonder what will end up happening.

If you come across any information on it and could pass that on it would be appreciated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024