Author Topic: Muscular guy with gyne  (Read 2233 times)

Offline aeroumr

• Posting Member
I'm a very muscular guy, 5'9", 205 lbs.  I've been working out almost daily for 11 years, so I'm pretty fit.  I was just wondering if being muscular in the chest area makes gyne surgery easier or harder to perform for the surgeon?  

I have a mild to medium case of gyne.  I'm going to require gland and fat removal.  My intuition is that having a good sized chest would make the surgery harder to perform, because the surgeon will have to sculpt the underside of the breasts.  Is that correct, or am I completely wrong?

DrBermant

I'm a very muscular guy, 5'9", 205 lbs.  I've been working out almost daily for 11 years, so I'm pretty fit.  I was just wondering if being muscular in the chest area makes gyne surgery easier or harder to perform for the surgeon?  

I have a mild to medium case of gyne.  I'm going to require gland and fat removal.  My intuition is that having a good sized chest would make the surgery harder to perform, because the surgeon will have to sculpt the underside of the breasts.  Is that correct, or am I completely wrong?

Extremely low body fat can make chest sculpture difficult.  For my competition body builders, off season fat is easier to work with than almost no fat at all.

I take care of many bodybuilders and almost universally they tell me that buiding muscle tends to push gland / fat further out.  Some general fat can obscure the gland, but general fat does not let the muscles look defined.  It does not take much extra tissue to really interfere with the cut look of a body builder.  Some body builders have large glands causing a pointed contour.  

I prefer my Dynamic Technique to manage such problems.  I use an artist's pallet of surgical tools to sculpt the tissue.  This permits me to work with gland, fat, and or skin for my sculpture.

After surgery, increased muscle mass no longer has that extra tissue to distort the male contour.  Better surgery leaves the chest looking good at rest and in animation as in playing sports, flexing, and general motion of the beautiful body.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024