Author Topic: *** Question about gland  (Read 2023 times)

Offline misterbishi

• Posting Member
Hi there how are you all,

Away to get surgery soon, Just wondering about when getting surgery done to have gland removed or not.

I noticed some others on here are having to go back again to surgeon for correction, why is this??

In most cases is all of gland normally removed or just some??

I dont want my gyno coming back so how can I convince my surgeon to remove gland??

Many Thanks

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
In the surgery, the main goal IS to the remove the gland. Usually removal of the gland and liposuction to suck out some fat is the more common method. But gland removal is the main priority.

Depending on age and other factors, gyne usually won't come back after that gland is removed.

As for the others having to get corrections, I'm not sure. That can deal with alot of things, most times being correction for concavity around the nipple and other things. But if your surgeon is skilled and you trust him/her, then you should be fine. Remember though, surgery isn't always perfect for everybody, so it's a risk that you have to be willing to take.

Note: Gland removal is the main priority to most surgeons experienced with gyne. They usually decide whether or not liposuction to get fat out from the breast area is necessary or not.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:17:55 PM by jk_2k8 »
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
I understand that 95% of the gland is usually removed. 5% is left behind so that the nipple doesn't attach itself to your chest muscle...causing the "inverted nipple" look. So yes, definitely get gland removed. Otherwise you gyne will never totally go away.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:46:36 PM by gynecomaster »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024