Author Topic: Help Does Fluid eventually dissapear  (Read 1968 times)

Offline banner

• Posting Member
 :-/

Hi Guys

I had my surgery done 9 days ago I had fatty gyno removed, but they seem to be as big as before. My surgeon has assued me that this is due to swelling and fluid.

Does the body absorb the fluid? and how long will this take.

I'm really worried as I lived with this all my life and thought that it would be corrected after surgery.

Thanks

Banner
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:56:59 AM by banner »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
banner...

Yes, what you are experiencing is prolly swelling/fluid build up. This will eventually dissipate. It's difficult to say how long this will take for you as everyone heals differently and at different rates. Don't worry dude, you're only 9 days in. Give your body at least 3 months to heal.

I know what you are going thru broh. The post-op emotional turmoil is a biatch for sure. I fell into a deep depression during my post-op recovery.
Not pleasant.... :-/  Keep in mind tho, that it does get better.  ;)

Hang in there and keep positive thoughts....  :)

John.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:18:54 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
banner - It's probably hard for you to believe, but I speak from experience when I say the swelling will go down and as time passes, your results will look better

The above is assuming you don't get lazy and spend the next 3 months on your couch eating donuts and watchig TV.

As far as the body absorbing the fluid, Yes, it will over time. What a lot of PS's do is put drains in to help remove the fluid quicker.

It's my understanding that the combination of the compression vest and the drains will help drain fluid and reduce swelling.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:47:37 AM by jc71 »

Offline banner

• Posting Member

Thanks guys that makes me feel a bit better, I didn't think it was going to take three months to heal, damm that is a long time.

You just expect to have the surgery and hey presto next thing you can wear waht you want I should not have been so nieve.

Thanks all the same.

Banner

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024