Author Topic: Compression Vest/ Working out  (Read 2070 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Does anyone know how long the compression vest should be worn? My PS told me I should wear the compression vest until the bruising and swelling is gone. Well, it's just about gone but it seem too short to take the vest off. It's only been 11 days. Also, my PS said I could start lifting light weights again when the bruising and swelling subsides? Seems to early....Any thoughts guys!!!! Thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
For a working out guideline, look here:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/general/pwo.shtml

The compression vest or better yet, a transitional compression shirt (like Underworks) is a good idea for a month or two after surgery, IMHO.   That keeps your chest held tight so that everything can grow back together correctly.  Plus, just because swelling is down doesn't mean it can't return.  The compression helps with that, too.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
Unless you have an incredibly mild case, you're going to be wearing it alot more than 11 days. 

I'm 30 days.  Swelling is much less but still have to wear it.  Hurts when I take it off...like walking on a sprained ankle.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024