Author Topic: Hi, I'm new and I have some questions.  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
It started when I was about 11 or 12. I don't know if it is in fact, Gynecomastia, but it sure looks like it. I remember I'd go swimming with my friends and they would tell me i had big nipples. It still hasn't gone away. My nipples are large and they stick out a bit. It's really embarassing. I can't swim with my friends, I can't change in the locker room without the constant fear of someone watching me. I'm scared of showing my chest to others, and I've been scared for 5 years and I'm really sick of it. So please, if you can tell me more, maybe I could clear my head. I've contemplated surgery, but whenever I visited my doctor, she fed my stuff like "well everyone is different." Please help me.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Chances are, by the way you act, you have it. We can all relate to how you feel.

Post some pictures so we can judge it.

My Doctor did the same thing in a way. I took matters into my own hands and set up a consultation with a ps and got it done. Setting up the consultation is the hardest step in it all.  
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
. I've contemplated surgery, but whenever I visited my doctor, she fed my stuff like "well everyone is different." Please help me.

We don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing under 18. If so, you should talk to your parents about it and  schedule a consulation with a plastic/cosmetic surgeon who is experienced w/ gynecomastia surgery in younger patients.

Also, ditch talking to the female doctor about the appearance of your nips. She'll never understand how much it's bothering you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 06:52:50 PM by JTZ »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
JTZ is probably right about changing Doctors. Another opinion may be worthwhile.

The description of your own feelings and behavior would suggest that you are becoming obsessive about your breasts.  A visit with a psychologist could produce a surgical referral on the basis of emotional trauma etc. causing a legitimate need for surgery. (as opposed to the surgery being purely cosmetic)

Good Luck
Grandpa Dan

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
JTZ - I think that the fact that his doctor is a female doesn't have too much to do with the problem. I got my surgery done by a female surgeon and she did a very good job. I was actually glad that she was a female because women must have better appreciation for nice looking chests than guys :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I've contemplated surgery, but whenever I visited my doctor, she fed my stuff like "well everyone is different." Please help me.

You should ask that Female Doc if she, at puberty, developed no breasts at all and was flat as a board. How would she feel in a change room when all her girlfriends had breasts and she didn't and got teased to no ends about it. Annnnndddd, she could not breast feed a baby if the need arised. How would she feel then? Would she develop a bit of a psychological complex about it? Then you say "But hey, everyone is different right".

If your Gyne causes you any psychological pain, then get surgery.

My Wife was with me for my consultation with Dr. Fielding and the Doc made a male to female comparison about Gyne. JCF said "Breasts on a man is like if a woman had a scrotum that shouldn't be there". You should tell that to your 'Female' Doc also!

John.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:51:42 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

With all due respect to Bambu, I don't think you need to challenge your doctor that way.  If you think you'd like to have surgery start doing the things that need to be done to make that happen whether it's making $$$, or petitioning someone with $$$ to pay for you.  In the meantime something you can do that's absolutely free is working on your attitude about your body, mind over matter and all that.  You could look in to getting some counseling about your confidence or your attitudes about your appearance.  Good luck man.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024