Author Topic: Dr. David Ward, Surrey BC  (Read 10794 times)

Offline .invincible.ironman.

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
http://www.drdavidward.com/about.htm

Seems like a nice place. I sent an e-mail and the response was very warm - also, it was mentioned that during consultation, you get to look through a photo album of all previous patients. they also told me it was a commonly done precedure...

Seems confident, and good.

Has anyone been to him before? Does anyone know anybody who has?

Because it's either gonna be him, or Dr. Mosher.

what do you think?

thanks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 09:00:55 PM by ironman »

Offline biff

• Posting Member
Cool.  I'm in the same boat.  No doctors picked yet but I sent out a few emails today to see who sounds best.
 Can you give me some details on price and whats covered?

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
ya. at David Ward's, they told me "The cost is in the $5500 - $6500 range"

also, as said on the site - i think they have some financing options.

Offline biff

• Posting Member
  Did he say that excision was covered?  How much do you actually have to pay out of pocket?

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
I believe the price I mentioned was everything. excision, and lipo. but you might wanna ask him yourself just to be sure.

Offline biff

• Posting Member
From the research I've done in the last few days it seems that excision is covered but lipo is not. (like other provinces).  Most surgeons in Vancouver however have opted out of doing surgery that is covered so when you call them they tell you the price is 5 or 6 thousand. If you go to your doctor and tell him you want surgery and you need excision then he will find you a surgeon who is "opted in" and you will get the excision for free.  Then you tell them that you want lipo while your at it and that is only an extra 900 or so because all the expensive stuff is already paid for.
  I guess the only drawback in this is that you dont have your pick of surgeons and from what I hear it takes a while to get the OK to have it done.

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
oh. well that's a bit of bad news... but it's better than nothing. I still don't know what I'm going to do. I have so many decisions to make i don't know where to start. :-X

Offline sicksadlittleworld

i've emailed, i believe his name was dr. mosher, in vancouver and they said that the price of the procedure ranged from $3500-$4500, which is significantly cheaper than anyone else i've heard from... anyone know anything about him?

Offline lipo.ca

• www.lipo.ca

I know quite a few girls that have been to Dr David Ward in BC and speak very highly of him, same as Dr Mosher. I dont know specifically about their gynecomastia work but I know as a plastic surgeon they are highly recommended.

Offline Eric

• Posting Member
Do you guys know how long it will take to book a surgery? I want to get it done this May. When is the lastest chance to book?

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Has anybody succesfully had their gyno done in the lower mainland on this forum?  How much did it cost? Did medical cover it?  Do I have to go to a family doctor or straight to a surgeon?  I don't have $5000.

• Posting Member
  • I hate YaBB 1G - SP1!
I know I am in the same boat with you. I cannot afford that, and even though it is cheaper in Ontario, I can't fly out there right now because of work and other things.

I just can't win.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024