Author Topic: Questions For The Experts!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline beatyourchest

Hi all,

I thought to myself 'Wouldn't it be great to have a REAL expert on the topic answer my questions about Gynecomastia' as I've suffered with it for years.

With this in mind I began to think about my top 3 questions I would ask an expert if I got the chance...

So here's my top 3!

1) What is the real cause of Gynecomastia?
2) How do I get rid of it naturally?
3) Is there a known cure?

I thought it would be great if everyone who reads this post voiced their top 3 questions they would put to an expert. Hopefully then someone can provide us with some answers!!

:)

Offline doomzor

• Posting Member
( sorry not an expert but i can give some tipe please )

1. hormonal imbalance, other disorders etc

2. by reducing estrogen, eating alot of c-vitamin, broccoli.
and increase the testosterone, eat alot of zinc, masturbate very much (yes this very good)

3. Yes, nolvadex (tamoxifen) and other AI's can cure it.

Offline doomzor

• Posting Member
But Seriously!
The Masturbating is very important in this matter too!
I used to have a masturbate-schedule with times etc when I had to masturbate, even in school alot.
I  masturbated 10-13times/day and took some days off, remember to eat lots of zinc.
Then I took some break period one week, and started all over again, you'll feel the differense sooner or later and your balls will grow bigger and produce more semen and testosterone which will reduce your estrogen level later.

result(more testosterone, less estrogen) = better mood, reduced gyno, muscluar etc. . .

Thanks! and sorry for my bad english (my third language)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I will try to answer your questions -- starting with numbers 2 and 3.

2. There is no known way to get rid of gyne naturally.  Once it is established, usually only surgery will help.

3. There no no known cure for it, sorry.

Now for number 1 question -- what causes gyne?

There is no known absolute cause for gyne -- but there are some theories.  One of the most common theories is that during puberty, there is a hormonal imbalance between testosterone and estrogen -- and that imbalance is what will trigger growth of gyne.  The problem with this theory is that most young men who develop gyne are rarely seen by a doctor -- and are sometimes embarrassed to go to a doctor as well.  So we don't have any hard and fast data, such as blood tests for these hormones which might document this hormonal imbalance.

Curiously, I had a patient just last week -- around age 15 -- whose father happens to be an endocrinologist.  When this youngster first started to develop gyne, his father ran a battery of endocrine tests -- and followed them with more tests.  Interestingly, there was no hormonal imbalance noted -- just a gradual increase of hormones as puberty progressed.

Now this is just one case and doesn't prove anything -- but it provides food for thought.

My gut impression is that gyne is caused by a hereditary pre-disposition (of the small amount of normal breast tissue on a male) to be extra sensitive to any amount of circulating estrogen.  This could explain the development of gyne in a youngster with normal hormone levels.

Anyhow, just some thoughts.  The answer is we simply don't know.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hi all,

I thought to myself 'Wouldn't it be great to have a REAL expert on the topic answer my questions about Gynecomastia' as I've suffered with it for years.

With this in mind I began to think about my top 3 questions I would ask an expert if I got the chance...

So here's my top 3!

1) What is the real cause of Gynecomastia?

There are many possible Medical Causes for Gynecomastia as well as Medications That Can Cause Gynecomastia.  For most however, Idiopathic or no known cause is the answer.  It actually can be quite difficult to find reasons behind this problem.  Endocrinologists can order testing to examine possible hormonal issues.  Such problems can vary during the time of the day and over the week.  Not all endocrinologists have the same skills. Here is an example of one such botched case of monster breast regrowth after another doctor's surgery with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia who was under the "care" of an endocrinologist who failed to perform appropriate testing to find the problem and even did not know the real sex of the patient involved.  Here is another who never had his tiny testicles understood as a key symptom to an undiagnosed Klinefelter's Syndrome (check the videos about diagnosis of his condition).

2) How do I get rid of it naturally?
When breast contour is caused by excessive fat, Weight Loss Before Surgery Can Help with the Fat Component of Gynecomastia.  The gland component will remain behind. Some use the term Pseudogynecomastia, which if you check that page, just is not a good term.  Other than that, studies about "natural" gynecomastia reductions just are poor to horrible in quality and results.

3) Is there a known cure?

I thought it would be great if everyone who reads this post voiced their top 3 questions they would put to an expert. Hopefully then someone can provide us with some answers!!

:)

When there is an underlying medical problem or medication, stabilization can be helpful to minimize further growth.  I have also seen significant reduction once such a stimulation stops.  That is why although more than 60% of all men develop gynecomastia, only a small percentage ask for surgery.  That is also why many pediatrician's will tell patients it will go away, it often does.  However, what has not resolved in 2 years rarely goes away.  Also, gland that has grown may not go away.  That is why women who see breast growth with pregnancy may end up with breasts the same size or bigger after breast feeding stops.

Surgery is an option for many individuals.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Curiously, I had a patient just last week -- around age 15 -- whose father happens to be an endocrinologist.  When this youngster first started to develop gyne, his father ran a battery of endocrine tests -- and followed them with more tests.  Interestingly, there was no hormonal imbalance noted -- just a gradual increase of hormones as puberty progressed.

Now this is just one case and doesn't prove anything -- but it provides food for thought.

Interesting...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what the dr's said.  one useful footnote might be i think the 60% figure is comprehensive and probably includes guys who either only have it for a little while or don't have it bad enough to take surgery that seriously.  but lots of people ask, and if any of the natural stuff worked, we'd have been all over it, it's usually sold by snake oil salesmen who think if you have breasts, something that works on your testosterone's the obvious cure (ignorant bad oversimplification, it won't reverse tissue development and can actually make things worse).  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:45:41 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
he just means foods high in nutrient compounds containing zinc. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024