Author Topic: Four Points Sheraton 'Compassionate' rate...  (Read 11411 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
But they do require to see a document as proof that you are a patient at St-Joes.

Which is understandable....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Does the hotel have a government worker's rate?  And if so does anyone know if it's cheaper?  I heard that some hotels have them so that's why I'm asking if anyone would know.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Achilles...

Yes, Four Points Sheraton on the Queensway does have a 'Government Workers' rate. Don't know what the current rate is tho. You would have to give the hotel a call and ask.

John.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
How far is the hotel from the train station, and how far is St-Joes from the station for that matter?

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
For anyone that's planning on going to this hotel, it cost us about 15$ from the train station, and 5-6$ from the hotel to the hospital (it's less than 5 mins away)

Offline jdanielsg

ok i figured after reading all these 90+ rates I better update you guys.. unless staying very near to the hospital is an important thing.... you can get rates as low as 50 CAD 3 star hotel for downtown TO.

Depending on time of year etc. use priceline.com and check what other people have managed to win rooms for at www.biddingfortravel.com  I travel all the time and I always get great rates from the site.

I seldom come on here so if you need help or info with that email me at jdaniel_sg@hotmail.com

But to answer any questions, you get to choose the area the date and the star level but not which specific hotel.  You base how much you bid for the room on lowest of what people have won rooms for in the same star range and area. So that way you make an educated bid.

Just as an example i stay 4 star hotels in San francisco for unde $80 USD a nite. Room rates there r exceeding $200 USD.  I stay downtown TO at Courtyard marriot for as low as $40 CAD 3 years ago. Recently I have gotten it for close to $60 CAD or so.

Hope this helps

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
ill just sleep in my car, alot cheaper  ;D

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Dr Fieldings Receptionist gave me the number to the 4 points Sheraton and told me to tell them I am going to be a patient at St Joes. I will probably be staying there for one night when I get my surgery done.......SEPT 13!!

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hmmm am i getting ripped off ?   ???

i called today to reserve a room for august 9th and they asked 185 + tax per nights for one room with two double beds.... (mother is coming with me) fine, i got the view on the lake but still... a bit more then i expected...
is it me or it should be less ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

hmmm am i getting ripped off ?   ???

i called today to reserve a room for august 9th and they asked 185 + tax per nights for one room with two double beds.... (mother is coming with me) fine, i got the view on the lake but still... a bit more then i expected...
is it me or it should be less ?

brebguy.....

Did you tell the reservations clerk that you wanted the 'compassionate' rate for St. Josephs Health Center patients?

John.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ya i did... and he told me that the usual rate would be over 230 or something like that...i'll call again later because i really thing its not right...

but i think i might be staying at the hospital for one night... not sure yet what i should do.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

ya i did... and he told me that the usual rate would be over 230 or something like that...i'll call again later because i really thing its not right...

Dude....  $230 is way too much. The wife (in hotel business and at one time was sales manager at Four Points Sheraton Lakeshore) says the rate they quoted u is way too high. Tell them that you want a lower rate or you'll look elsewhere to stay. $230 is a rip! Greedy buggers huh....  >:(   Guess the owner wants a new Mercedes.

You should ask the reservations clerk how much a room facing the 'Gardiner' (highway) would be. It would be very interesting to find out what their rack rate would be with a 'Gardiner' view....

John.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 04:34:27 AM by Bambu »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
FINALLY...

the guy was really being a jerk about the whole thing... the room they gave me was a deluxe room with balcony and facing the lake... it came up to 170 + GST... i arguing and i talked to a manager... she was really sweet. so i got the same room for 99 $ ...

i only took one night. i was thinking of taking the train back to Montreal on the next day... you think its a good idea ? or should i stay a second night before leaving ?

thanks a lot Grandpa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

$99.... Now that's a reasonable rate.  ;)    $230..... Sheesh!   ::)   Yup... they were trying to soak you buddy....

Hey, no problem dude...  glad I could help out....  :)

In regard to you staying a second night. You should only need one nights stay after surgery. You prolly will be able to go home the next day.

John.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 04:45:13 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024