Author Topic: Dr. Lista  (Read 6687 times)

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
I know that there are a lot of Dr. Lista patients in the Canadian forum.

Is everyone happy?

Did people have bad results?

There seems to be quite a bit of negative feedback on RateMDs.com regarding Dr. Lista (http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/76643/ON/Mississauga/Lista)

Any thoughts?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I had my surgery with Dr. Lista at the beginning of this month. Though I am not yet fully recovered and not 100% pleased with my end result yet - not nearly enough time has passed for me to see what my final result will look like - I must say I'm rather confident that I will be happy once my scar tissue and swelling go away.

I read the feedback you refer to in RateMDs before using Dr. Lista and must say it didn't influence my decision in the slightest. First of all, none of those ratings are by gynecomastia patients, and secondly, most of the bad ratings seem to be based on anger that Dr. Lista didn't tell those people what they wanted to hear on their initial consults. I'm sorry, but I don't think you can knock a plastic surgeon for being honest!

As for complaints about him being arrogant - I can see that, he clearly makes alot of money and is very proud of himself. However, I wasn't looking for a new best friend when picking my surgeon, but someone who would best be able to do the job. And, I must say, my interactions with him have been quite pleasant.

If you search these boards, you will find other user experiences, as well.

Good luck,
dondante

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I agree 100% with dondante. I had my gyne surgery with him 4 days ago and I was completely satisfied with the way I was being taken care of. Lista has no time to waste: he delegated as many non-medical related chores to his staff (paper work, etc.), and does not care much for chit chat. I don't either to be honest. I would have the exact same attitude if I was him. He's at the top of his art and deserves every penny he earns. To top it off, he called me at 10:40 pm on op day to see how I was doing.

I read the reviews and someone complained he did not shake hands. Of course he didn't, he's a surgeon ! He doesn't want to get contaminated by people who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom or use them to wipe their nose after sneezing, etc. That's the stupidest thing I've ever read !

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
I had my consult with him today.  I arrived 15 minutes early and they were going to take me in right away but I was waiting for someone to join me.  He shook my hand, answered every single question I had, showed me pre and post pics and seemed to know what he was talking about.

I can see what people are saying about his personality but I'm not paying for that, I'm paying for his work.

Can anyone tell me if they feel that they have been improved by 80%?  He said that is the best I can expect. 

Kyle

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Can anyone tell me if they feel that they have been improved by 80%?  He said that is the best I can expect. 
That can take a while to determine. Final results might take up to a year to achieve....

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
A percentage improvement figure seems arbitrary by itself. More importantly did he say why he couldn't fix the other 20%? I'm assuming when he says 100% improvement means a "normal" chest.

It could also be because of the technique he uses. From what I know he uses a newer method which minimizes scars... this could be why he can't get all the gland that a typical aereolar incision would. I'm just guessing though, you should ask him if he can give your chest a "flat" appearance.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
A percentage improvement figure seems arbitrary by itself. More importantly did he say why he couldn't fix the other 20%? I'm assuming when he says 100% improvement means a "normal" chest.

It could also be because of the technique he uses. From what I know he uses a newer method which minimizes scars... this could be why he can't get all the gland that a typical aereolar incision would. I'm just guessing though, you should ask him if he can give your chest a "flat" appearance.
I interpreted this as the gland and fat he has to leave so that patients chests don't curve inwards. Look at the before/after pictures on his site, you will see that 20% just means normal chest.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:33:21 PM by don_joe »

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member

I interpreted this as the gland and fat he has to leave so that patients chests don't curve inwards. Look at the before/after pictures on his site, you will see that 20% just mean normal chest.

If that's what he means by 20% than I'd say that's natural. From what I've read, doctors usually don't take out all the fat or gland from under there so the end result looks more natural to the rest of the patients body (i.e. a really flat chest on an otherwise obese patient would look un natural).

Monster, you should be good to go with Lista. He has the experience to know what he's talking about and results should be as good as the best doctors out there.

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
Dr. Lista was trying to explain that there is very little percentage of people that are 100%, not everyone is born perfect he said.  If he says 100% after surgery, everyone would be disappointed, right? My concern is that the other popular Dr (Fielding) in Toronto makes incisions around the nipple.  Anytime that I've had a cut you can see the white scar, even ones from my childhood. 

I have a consult with Dr. Michael Weinberg, but think I may cancel due to no mention of him on this site.  Dr Lista seems to be quite popular and the majority are happy.

This is the reason I will probably go with Lista.  A user on here (dondonte), my chest looks similar to his pre op.  If his post op pics are 80%, damn I'll be a happy camper.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
This is the reason I will probably go with Lista. 
Good for you, you will not regret it !

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
Well, I went to Dr Lista'c clinic today to give a deposit and to schedule my surgery.  Monday June 22.  Blood work done, just waiting on my physical on Tuesday.  Can't wait!

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Bear in mind that people generally only come back to post when they are having issues. The vast majority of people have successful surgeries and then stop coming to this board.

I had my surgery with Dr. Lista way back in 2005. Around the same time I was a very active member of this board. I stayed active for a few months after... and checked in once in a while. Now it's 2009 and to be honest I completely forget I ever had gyno.. and to be honest I had what I would consider a somewhat serious case. The surgery changed my life and I had no issues with Dr. Lista at all. A bit more expensive than fielding (I think that's still the case now a days too), but I was able to get an appointment quickly, and everything went great!

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
a-man, did you post any pics on this site? 

Dr Lista does charge more but you can get in pretty quickly.  I've heard that Fielding you have to wait a month for a consult, then another 4-6 weeks for surgery.  I booked surgery with Lista, and going in 3 weeks later.  I am going to Hawaii at the end of Aug and want as much time to recover as possible.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
No I did not post any pictures. Timing was one of the issues for me to - I was able to get a consult with Dr. Lista within a week, and schedule my surgery for within 2 weeks after that.

My gyne was also mostly fat, and I think his PAL method worked better on that. Overall I am quite happy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024