Author Topic: Is this a Curse?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline IHATEGYNO

• Have a Wonderful Day.
I have had Gynecomastia since I was 8 years old and it has only got worse.  I excersized and got my weight down to 185 lbs (6 foot) and my breasts were the same as when I weighed 275!  Is this a Curse?  Well I am 30 this month and decided that I am going to try it again.  I just started going to the gym and running and lifting (LIGHTLY at first).  I played Football in Highschool and Did serious weight trainning then and of course it didnt effect my size of my breasts.  I am SO embarassed to go to the beach and take my shirt off I WONT DO IT ANYMORE.  I would love to have surgery, but I have heard different views and testimonies that are both good and bad.  Growing up was Tough.  I love swimming and it seems that everyone always wonders why I wear a shirt.  I dont like getting sunburned is not a good and truthfull answer.  I used to stretch my shirts out before wearing them.  I have tried everythin but surgery to get rid of them, with no luck. My wife says that she doesn't mind them, but they are VERY unattractive (I think)  I will post pics soon and I hope that I get some feedback.  Just knowing that there are other men with this same problem helps because I always thought of myself as deformed as a child.  I have 2 boys and I do NOT want them to go theough all the ridiculling and teasing that I had to endure.
Thanks For Listening and please leave something for me that gives hope.

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
Welcome,

Do you think that somthing will be different losing weight this time?

Have you thought about having surgery?

I know how you feel and it is especially hard with kids ( dad lets go swimming, dad lets go to the beach ).

Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

Offline flex1appeal

Dude, if you had them when you were eight, then you have some sort of disease or illness. You're not supposed to develop them until puberty.

I can only say that is the most ignorant comment I have ever heard before.

Offline gynaopolis

• Posting Member
I was not trying to be ignorant only honest. I have read on this site before that if gynecomastia develops before puberty it is a serious issue and should be treated immediately.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:19:44 PM by gynaopolis »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i doubt he has klinefelter's, he has kids.  the fact gyne normally doesn't develop till puberty doesn't mean it's impossible to get it earlier, i've seen other people say they got it young too.  remember the european response to american beef/dairy revolved around studies revealing hormonal factors in infant breast development and related problems.  i think environmental factors could certainly screw up the hormones earlier than normal.  

you've already found reason for hope by discovering you don't have to take gyne lying down.  also, the fact you had it doesn't mean your kids have to -- they could be slightly more statistically prone, but not necessarily, the combination of factors is just too complex.  

welcome to the boards   :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My wife says that she doesn't mind them, but they are VERY unattractive (I think).

Same here dude. My wife didn't mind the m(o)(o)bs but I hated them.

As daddynubbie and HHH said.... Welcome!  :)

John.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:32:54 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline IHATEGYNO

• Have a Wonderful Day.
Thank you Guys for the Replies.  I have old photos of me when I was 8-9 years.  You can tell that it was begining then.  It had only got worse with puberty.  I will post pic to show then and now.  I know that exercise, and loosing weight probably wont help with the Gynecomastia, but it will help my general health.  I am so glad that you guys wrote back.  It really helps to hear points of views from people with the same problem as me.  I think that having this "curse" actually helped me to be a more outgoing person.  I always thought that if I made people laugh, or was really nice to them, then they would not talk about my man boobs.  It really does suck to have them, and I am very lucky to have such a great wife who doesnt mind.  (I know I would not like it if I where a female!)  
Thanks for the Warm Welcome!! :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024