Author Topic: Losing weight  (Read 2404 times)

Brdy64

Adipose tissue (fat) can contribute to an increase in estrogens in the body. Fatty tissue contains estrogen precursors, which can be converted to estrogens. When you gain weight in the form of fat, this can increase estrogen.
So in essence weight gain may contribute to your gynecomastia.

Whether have accepted your gynecomastia or not really doesn't change the fact that the same excess fat buildup has been shown to increase your risks for breast cancer as well. You should work really hard at achieving and maintaining a normal weight. 

The weight loss will only effect the fatty tissues within your breasts, and the actual breast tissue will remain. Your breasts will become leaner, but not go away. 
People here on this site have reported that their breasts became much more pronounced with weight loss, or more feminine in appearance.

Accepting the fact that you have gynecomastia is key, It isn't going away without surgery. But the extra weight you carry is basically the only health risk associated with your condition. 

I have started a weight loss journey some time ago that recently has stagnated. I am already a survivor of breast cancer in which they performed a lumpectomy and chemo. I am also grossly overweight. 

I am going to reignite my weight loss program. 😉

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Good luck on your journey! I'll be joining you, I too have put on a bit of weight in the last few years. A decade or so ago I went from 330 or so ponds down to 190 or so. It crept up slowly for a few years but then the pandemic hit and I'm in the 280s now. 190 was too thin for me (I'm nearly six and a half feet) so around 220 would be perfect. 

Brdy64

I saw my doctor yesterday, my weight has been on a downward trend for months now. The first couple of months saw a drop of 45 pounds, but it has leveled off to about 6 pounds reduction per month average.
They were concerned because I gained 10 pounds since Friday. After my examination the doctor said it's water weight as my bad leg is very swollen.
I don't add extra salt, but I have eaten out a bit more lately.
Last weekend I ate at home, and it shouldn't have been salty at all. 🤔

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Losing weight is not easy or fun.  I have gone through a few health issues for the last 6 months and am now getting back on track.  I really hope I can motivate myself to lose 20 or 30 pounds over the Summer and early Fall season.
Redfox 🦊

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I saw my doctor yesterday, my weight has been on a downward trend for months now. The first couple of months saw a drop of 45 pounds, but it has leveled off to about 6 pounds reduction per month average.
They were concerned because I gained 10 pounds since Friday. After my examination the doctor said it's water weight as my bad leg is very swollen.
Try to keep your legs over your heart for around an hour, 3 times a day.  That worked for me after knee surgery.

I have lost 23 pounds, since my surgery.  Some has been because lack of appetite.  More, from much more exercise to get the leg recover from surgery.  I have also noticed that my breasts decreased, but are much more prominent than before.  I was a BMI of 28, now 24.

Brdy64

Try to keep your legs over your heart for around an hour, 3 times a day.  That worked for me after knee surgery.

I have lost 23 pounds, since my surgery.  Some has been because lack of appetite.  More, from much more exercise to get the leg recover from surgery.  I have also noticed that my breasts decreased, but are much more prominent than before.  I was a BMI of 28, now 24.
Yeah, I'm at them center all day so I'm sitting down 5 days a week.
I also noticed that losing weight might have dropped a cup size, but they became more noticeable. 🙄

Brdy64

I'm trying to lose my big fat belly! Everything below my boobs and above my belt and it is tough. But the dentist says I could lose about 25 lb's after I get my teeth pulled. I'll be 68 in July and I am sick and tired of dental pain all the time.

Really I am not that fat except in the middle;D.
Mine is mostly in the hips 🙄
But weight is weight. It needs to come off. 😉

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member
I'm always trying to lose some weight. I guess it runs in my family as my grandmother was always trying to drop some weight as well.
Live a full life today, no one is promised tomorrow!

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I'm always trying to lose some weight. I guess it runs in my family as my grandmother was always trying to drop some weight as well.
I definitely have weight to lose, but it comes off much harder than it goes on. 😳
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Good to have you back brdy...I mean justagirl 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
🤫 shhhh

Offline 42CSurprise!

I got on the scale yesterday... something that generally happens only once a month but on this occasion was two months.  I'd lost seven pounds but if anything my breasts appear to be larger.  I've no doubt that fleshy chests can come with weight gain, but for those of us experiencing a shift in our hormonal stew which includes diminishing testosterone, the estrogen that remains is having its way... giving us breasts.  I have no intention of fighting mother nature.  Wearing a brassiere, which I do quite often simply acknowledges the truth... I HAVE breasts.  They look pretty amazing in a brassiere as well and I'm not going to argue about that either.  Lose weight if you need to and you'll find out whether nature wants you to have breasts...  8)

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Have just finished the 4D parathyroid scan and awaiting results
Have lost 50 lbs the past year and stalled too. At 6’ 1’ I am 222-225 lbs

I think the stall is due to the whacky calcium metabolism, I will need surgery this fall
Would like to drop 10 more
Boobs are still slowly growing
Have mastered the awful hot flashes with herb Kwai krona though
Regards, Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024