Author Topic: Life without Gyne  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Slamberton1

• Posting Member
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could give me the lowdown on what life's like after Gyne surgery, things you weren't able to do before and things you can do now ?

hammer

I did everything I ever wanted to even with gyne! I serve my county for 4 year's in the Navy as a diver, after that did 7 in the Army Reserves. Married and fathered 5, grandfather of 4. Owned 3 business, had to retire at fourty due disability but still lived a full life! Now at 57 and because of health problems my breast have grown to require support of a bra size of 46H, but I still hunt, fish and do what ever I can, even being disabled!

I use my wheelchair in stores, my walker in the house to prevent anymore falling because of my already messed up back and hunt from my ATV, heck having breast even as big as mine is no big deal!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:54:27 AM by hammer »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am 78 years old.  I have no idea what difference it might make.  That said, I served over 8 years in the USAF followed by a career in Law Enforcement.  Married twice, I am the father of eight, with 26 grandchildren and several great-grandchildren.  Over the years, my Gynecomastia never stopped me from doing anything I really wanted to do.  Ironically, my attitude about the Gynecomastia did sometimes get in the way but not the condition itself. 
Among those who have had surgery the most common claim was that the surgery was "Liberating."
Grandpa Dan

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
The replies so far have not been about surgery helping people overcome gyno and what they can now do in life without feeling ashamed of it.

hammer

I replied because I saw that no one was I even though I never had surgery, I also never was ashame of the fact that I had bigger breast, nor did I let that get in the way of letting me live a life that I wanted to live!

Just saying.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:29:41 PM by hammer »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Yeah but I think that one of the most important aspects of this site would be the success stories post-surgery, that gives guys hope and stuff. It's understandble but too bad that most of them simply forget about this site and move on with their new and improved lives. If my recovery since my surgery goes well I plan on sticking around.

hammer

I hope that you do stay! You're right, the guys that have great results after surgery are nowhere to be found shortly after surgery, the ones that stay are the guys that aren't happy with the outcome and those of us that have accepted.

I hope that your surgery heals well. Remember it all takes time! Any surgery does. I'm on my 3rd back fusion and this one I was told one full year! I'm on 35lbs weight limitations and other things as well, but then due to other causes of disability it doesn't matter really.

Good luck!
Bob

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As Hammer pointed out,  Most men have good outcomes to their surgery and they quickly lose interest in this site.  There are a small number who are not happy with the results for several reasons. Some of them can be highly vocal.  
Dissatisfaction can be for several reasons. 
First there are those who want perfection.   The human body is not perfect and it is also not symmetrical.    Expecting perfection is looking for something that is impossible.
We must unfortunately admit that there are some who suffer from a condition known ad Body Dysmorphic  Disorder  (Spelling?)  They believe there is a problem when no one else can see one.  
There are legitimate complaints due to the fact that some people use the services of surgeons who are not really qualified to be doing cosmetic surgery.  Some of these cases are genuinely bad.  So bad that the best of cosmetic surgeons cannot totally hide the disfiguring results.  
Often their worries are premature, post operative swelling or something like that leads them to think the operation has failed.  With time, that swelling diminishes and they are finally happy.  

Offline Jollybean

• Posting Member
Hi there i gott my gyne surgery 2 months ago . And what i can tell it feels 10 times better then how you thought it would feel. Offcourse the first 3 to 4 weeks is a bit annoying becausr of the pain, discomfort and conpression vest. But trust me it willl be the best decision you madebin your life. Its life changing to the others who might be reading this do your research get a good surgeon .save up and do it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024