Author Topic: First time post, looking for solid answers.  (Read 2470 times)

Offline JayGolds

Ive been working out for a few months now hitting my entire body but my chest because of my gyno. what I'm curious about is if i start to hit me chest during my workout and shape it will it help the final results after surgery? i know that the muscle will push them forward more thus making the condition worse but the winter is here so I'm not really worried since ill be layerd up anyway..i figure if i work them out good the entire winter and get them removed during the spring the final result would be much better since id have much lower bodyfat and more muscle..i could be wrong and id love to have feed back from the community, because i didnt want to go about this too blindly. thanks for taking the time to respond.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum!!

An excellent question -- and the simple and most direct answer is:  yes, work out, build muscle -- it can only help you in the long run.  It will not improve your gyne, but when the gyne is surgically removed (thereby revealing the underlying muscle), you will have a really buff chest.

Do it!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline JayGolds

thanks a lot! thats what i felt would happen so now im going to throw the chest into the mix..since i see that your a DR whats the average/ball park cost of the surgery? ive seen some low and high numbers i just want to get idea so i can start saving or possibly just finance it. thanks again!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Costs for surgery vary significantly across the US.  And, of course, they vary with each patient depending upon the work that needs to be done.

I would be pleased to provide you with a free email evaluation and then a rough estimate of the anticipated fee.  If you are interested, send me a PM with your direct email addy and I will forward the info to you.

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

Ive been working out for a few months now hitting my entire body but my chest because of my gyno. what I'm curious about is if i start to hit me chest during my workout and shape it will it help the final results after surgery? i know that the muscle will push them forward more thus making the condition worse but the winter is here so I'm not really worried since ill be layerd up anyway..i figure if i work them out good the entire winter and get them removed during the spring the final result would be much better since id have much lower bodyfat and more muscle..i could be wrong and id love to have feed back from the community, because i didnt want to go about this too blindly. thanks for taking the time to respond.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. The work is great for shaping the body, but most complain as they build their muscles, what sits on top of the muscles gets pushed out further. Weight loss before surgery is normally much better than after. Weight loss is a coarse tool, and plastic surgery best reserved for refinement. The exception is with Competition Bodybuilders who can have such extreme low levels of body fat that I ask them to present with their off season body fat for the sculpture. When fat is so extremely low levels there is just not much to contour with.

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, and varies from surgeon to surgeon and around the world.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
I use to work on my chest a lot before surgery and it really helped, doing push ups and bench press (aswell as dieting and cardio)I was able to get rid of my pseudo-gyno so all that was left was the glandular tissue on my left side which was clearly visible then. Their was no tissue on my right side and this greatly reduced the cost of surgery and so far recovery has been good since I only had one side operated on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024