Author Topic: diet and exercise  (Read 3021 times)

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
utterly worthless. exercise background so far:

7 months jogging 6x a week. No lie, no excuses, and I sometimes went 7x/week. 20-30min daily jogging. Dropped 30-40lbs.

Then proceeded to the gym. Started eating VERY VERY cleanly lifting weights the RIGHT way and using heavy compounds like squats, deadlifts, bench, shoulder presses, rows, chins, etc. Gained 20 over 5-6 months while uncovering abs in the process. Regarding my eating - 6x a day - lean protein and complex carbs at every meal except last one (before bed).

Now, as I get better and better on the bench press my fuckin breasts look worse and worse. It just pushes out the nipple more and more. For someone who doesn't believe me I bench 145x5, squat 220x5 and deadlift 230x5.

At 5'10 138lbs my breasts were still very there. At 5'10 160lbs my breasts are very there - even though I can see more of my abs now.

kthx /rant over and im sure a lot already know it doesn't do shit. I guess it might if you're extremely overweight but darn
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:01:20 PM by whoknows »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are not the first to observe that weight loss and good physical condition will not get rid of Gynecomastia. Far from it in fact, Yet the myth persists.

Optimizing ones weight and condition are good things to do for sake of long term health, but those things will have very little impact, if any, on Gynecomastia.

As you have noted, the breast is sometimes even more evident when perched atop a well defined muscle.

The various herbal "cures" will reduce only your wallet. The anti-Estrogen drugs are only of limited benefit and only for a very small number of selected parients. Those drugs should not be used without competent medical supervision.

This leaves only two alternatives: Live with it, or have surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
This leaves only two alternatives: Live with it, or have surgery.

unfortunately Paa_Paw speaks the truth...  i lived that lifestyle for 6 years thinking sooner or later i'd get lean enough or muscular enough that the moobs wouldn't be as noticable. sadly it was just the opposite -- the larger, leaner and more defined i got; the more obvious this blatant flaw in my physique became.

unfortunately i can't afford surgery at this point and as such have stopped working out/eating as healthy. i don't see the point in wasting my time/effort in a futile attempt that ultimately accomplishes the exact opposite of what i'm trying to do. i've found they're easier to hide when your a little soft/flabby
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:54:16 AM by moobius »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with all of the above.

I have had some patients with gyne go the opposite extreme from exercise -- they deliberately gain weight, lots of it, so that their larger abdomens obscure their gyne.  And unfortunately, in this country, it is more acceptable to be obese than to have male boobs!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline kevinrex

• Posting Member
props on the nutrition and strength training dude. I'm at where your at. 3 months ago i made a 360 in fitness lifestyle. i too eat every 2.5 to 3 hours along with 1 hour of weights in the morning and 1 hour of cardio at night. my gyne has gone down considerably since i started exercising. but its still there. the only option i have is surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024