Author Topic: Who is the top revision surgeon?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Jacobs1234

I have had two gynecomastia surgeries and still have hard tissue under my breasts. I also have excessive loose skin.and when I went to ask about further surgeries the surgeon said he doesn't want to perform any further surgeries because the scarring would make it look worse. I personally don't care about the scars! I just want to not have sometimes painful gland tissue under my chest. I honestly am having a hard time accepting that nothing else can be done when I have seen FTM top surgeries that look better than a lot of gynecomastia surgeries I have seen. Is there any experts in FTM chest revisions that anyone could possibly recommend? Why can I not have all the gland removed from under my chest especially if it is painful? Why would a surgeon not want to remove all the tissue? Is it because the remaining skin would not adhere to the muscle? Am I expecting unrealistic results or should I just stay with hard glandular tissue under my skin? Also what about pec implants? I honestly am a bit surprised we can't reconstruct the whole appearance of a natural male chest with how medically advanced we are... I have pictures in other posts if anyone is interested

Sincerely,

Confused

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not usually pay much attention to Photographs, but in your case they might be helpful. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, there are no polls as regards who is the " best surgeon."  Castle Connolly does list many top doctors in various areas of the country.  And trust me, even the "best surgeon" may have one or two dissatisfied patients as well.

As for expertise in gyne revision surgery, there are probably no more than half a dozen surgeons in the country who have such expertise, including myself.  Why not do your research and consider traveling for such expertise?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024